Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Campers Flea Market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTrailer Valet FS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Valet FS
    Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 2:08pm
I am selling my Trailer Valet model 5X. It is rated for a trailer up to 5,000 lbs. with a tongue weight of 500 lbs. So it will work with any of the R-Pod models. I bought it new & installed it on my 179 in April of last year. As you can see in the pic, it still looks good. It still works just like new. I recently installed a Enduro Trailer Mover system & that is the only reason I am selling the Trailer Valet. 

I am asking $200.00 plus shipping.
Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 3:45pm
I need a report on the trailer mover. we camped this spring and there was a couple there with a euro camper that had it.. was pretty impressive.. Smile
Grandpa Hiker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 1:29pm
furpod,
I'm not sure I would have ever sprung for $1200 when the Enduro was full price. But now they are closing out that line, the $600 sale price is a little easier to swallow. I think the Enduro model is being replaced with a Ego model.

I have not tried the Enduro at a campsite yet, but it is awesome at my house. In order to keep the HOA Nazi happy I park my Pod beside a section of privacy fence that I installed on top of a 5 ft. high brick retaining wall behind my house as close as I can get to the basement garage door. To get there I have to back thru two 90 degree turns. Even with the Trailer Valet, getting the Pod parked close to the retaining wall/privacy fence meant cranking the Trailer Valet handle several turns then going over to the side of the Pod to make sure I was not going to hit the wall. 

Every time I mow the yard I have to move the Pod so I can get the mower out. Then put the Pod back while I mow. Don't want to upset the HOA Nazi by having my Pod exposed for all the world to see!!

With the Enduro remote control moving the Pod is a piece of cake. I can walk around the Pod as I push buttons to move the Pod in whatever direction I need it to go.

One thing I did learn is it is extremely important that the rollers for each motor are positioned exactly the same distance from each tire. Not close to the same distance, but EXACTLY the same distance. They ship two small spacers to help get the rollers the same distance from the tires. If the rollers are not exactly the same distance, then when you are trying to move the Pod either straight ahead or straight backwards, it will vere slightly to the side where the roller is the slightest bit closer to the tire. (Ask me how I know that!!)  

I am looking forward to camping at a waterfront site so I can use the Enduro to rotate the Pod so the entrance door side faces the water!! I have learned that if you hold the forward left & back right buttons at the same time, the Pod will rotate in a circle!!
Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
patrick_dube View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 2:19pm
So... how do you know that? :)
Patrick Dubé,
2017 RP-179 owner
towed by a 2015 Cadillac SRX Premium
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:55pm
That would make for a cool video!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
bjk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:10pm
I'm thinking back to one of my old favorite video games -- Battlezone.    Now you have a pod with tank controls.
2016 HRE R-179 "CapPODccino"
2011 F-150 SLX
 Post Reply Post Reply