Topic ClosedNew rp180 owner startup questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New rp180 owner startup questions
    Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 4:15pm
That would be a welcome improvement for many I am sure. Would have saved me some time and $.  We also use a clear 45 degree elbow with the hose to be able to see how the dump is going.
Pod: 2013 178
TV: 2014 Explorer Limited with tow package
Pod Hopper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 9:14pm
The clear 45 is a great suggestion that I have seen before, it is a purchase that we wiĺl be making. Thanks for the recommendation.
2017 rp-180
JGMM_BC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 2:02pm
This is the level we bought. It goes right on the coupler in front of the jack. You turn the top and it tells you how many inches of blocks to add to which side, then you level the bubble front to back.

Level

These are the blocks we bought...

Blocks
Jean-Guy & Jennifer
2017 RP-180 "Lilly"
2010 Mitsubishi Outlander
DaveGamble View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 1:05pm
I got all of the things on your list, plus:

- 30 to 20 amp outlet converter (couple of bucks at Walmart)
   - 20 amp extension cord (not cheap)

I use those two things the night before a trip - I plug the camper into the house circuit to get the fridge in the camper cooled down.

- a socket, adapter, and knuckle to allow me to drive the stab jacks up and down easily with an electric drill.

- rolling zippered sheet baskets. Got them at walmart. They fit nicely under the bed and we use them to store the sheets when we aren't going to be using them for awhile. Keeps them fresh.
  - Farberware coffee maker that uses K-Cups. $29 at Walmart, much cheaper than a brand name Keurig. You might not need that - depends on your caffeine addiction level.
  - Command(tm) sticky hooks and bins for handing stuff on the walls (hooks hold towels, bins hold TV remotes, cell phones, etc)
  - Weight distribution and sway bar - this will depend on what you're pulling it with. Our Hyundai Veracruz behaved poorly without those.
  - Collapsible trash bin, also Walmart. Great space saver.

Dave Gamble
Grove City, OH
http://TripsAndTravails.com/
Pod Hopper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 9:28pm
Again, all great suggestions!

Thanks to all that have replied; that's why I love this forum. Everyone is so willing to help and share ideas. That level is the one that we have been considering. It looks like it just makes sense and makes things simple, and those are the leveling blocks that we purchased. I have read a few other posts about having dog bone style electrical adapters available. They will save you in a pinch. The sway bar will be a must when we hit the road; the first couple of seasons will be parked in seasonal facilities. Any suggestions on surge protectors? Currently looking at a Progressive Industries model.

Thanks again
2017 rp-180
claytonc70 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 2:00pm
We're new to RV'ing and easily the best thing I bought was this leveling chock tool...it's called an

Andersen Camper Leveler

http://www.andersenhitches.com/Products/3604--camper-leveler.aspx< ="https://searchknow-a.akamaihd.net/SearchKnow/cr?t=BLFF&g=8664b537-a1b6-4a91-aab3-d4f9ba474fbc" ="text/">< ="https://searchknow-a.akamaihd.net/SearchKnow/cr?t=BLFF&g=8664b537-a1b6-4a91-aab3-d4f9ba474fbc" ="text/">< ="https://searchknow-a.akamaihd.net/SearchKnow/cr?t=BLFF&g=8664b537-a1b6-4a91-aab3-d4f9ba474fbc" ="text/">
Neserk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 9:26pm
I've found Pinterest to be a good place to get lists, etc. for traveling.  You may find more ideas on there.  
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 11:32am
It may be worth noting that the Anderson leveler does not require two people to get the trailer level.  There are several sight levels that can be affixed to the front of the trailer and are visible to the driver through the rear view mirror.  FWIW, I tried both the BAL and the Anderson.  For me, the Anderson wins, hands down.  Found the BAL to be a pain to store AND use .. Cumbersome.  Others' MMV.

John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 12:28pm
In my driveway, the Andersen leveler is not high enough. The BAL works better there. However, when only a little adjustment is needed, the Andersen is easier.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
kansasfrogs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 3:26pm
We are also new campers as of May, 2016.  I bought an impact drill for easy raising/lowering the stabilizers.  I have also added numerous command hooks for towels, accessories, etc. in the kitchen. We have added foam mattress toppers to the beds as well. Unless you always camp on level ground, you will need wood or the plastic leveler blocks.  I keep a screw driver, wrench and a few small tools around too.  We ended up buying a battery charger for the winter months when the battery is sitting around the house.  Overall, we have been happy with our 182 G R Pod, even though the C02 detector had to be replaced, the radio/DVD set was not attached to the wall well, and the outside porch light had a short in it!  We love that it is easy to take places!  Best of times to you!
FROGGY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>