FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShower usage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower usage
    Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 8:53am
Hi Pod People, 

We haven't purchased our R-Pod yet and are trying to decide which floor plan is best for us.  There will only be my wife and me plus our dog.  We have been leaning heavily toward the RP-180 because it has a dry bath.  After settling down and getting over the excitement of the pending purchase we began to wonder if the dry bath is really that big of a deal.  So after this long winded start we finally get to the question.  How often do typical R-Pod owners actually shower in the Pod instead of the campground showers.
Your wanted by the police and my wife thinks your dead
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:01am
We have a 178, primarily use campgrounds, thus have not used our shower, we use the campground facilites.  Just easier with our bathroom size.
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:15am
We camp a lot where there are no campground showers or hookups of any kind, so we use the pod shower a good bit. I tend use CG facilities, if available, mainly to conserve water. I have no problem with the wet bath or the size. 

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:23am
In 6 seasons, we have used CG showers maybe 5-6 times. +300 nights. You are in there 10 minutes or so. Versus how much time you are not in there.. BUT.. for some, the dry bath is an issue, either physically or emotionally.
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 9:26am
We have a 179 after nearly 80 nights of camping in the last 15 months we have taken a total of 3 showers in the r-pod. We tend to use the campground facilities when available. We feel the trade off for the larger kitchen and slide-out were a good choice.
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:13am
From our personal experience, we use the onboard shower all the time. If we camp with full hookups it's just more convenient and more reliable. If we have no sewer hookup and the campground shower is suitable we will use it to save gray water space. Of course if we're out in the boonies there's no choice. As former Pod owners, the dry bath was a major reason for upgrading to our present trailer. The wet bath is very tight: don't drop the soap. It seems your primary choice would be the 180 vs 179. The 179 has a lot more available space, but the dry bath is really. Either way you should upgrade to a decent shower head like the Oxygenics.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
ToolmanJohn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:26am
I am using my wet bath every evening at the campground . I use state parks, or small private campground. There are never any hookups where I camp. The is a fresh water supply (public) but I almost always fill my fresh water tank before leaving home with city water.

I can get 3 "marine" showers, dishes washed and fill ups for my hydration pack for 4 days w nights use before it gets near the 1-5 gallons remaining.

A "marine" shower is when you fill the sink with warm water. Wash down, then quickly rinse off for a minute at the end. I estimate I use about 3-5 gallons total for my shower.
2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
Rodpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:51am
I have a bit of a ick problem with CG showers and have dreaded using them for years. Same goes for public bathrooms of all kinds. It's just a thing about me. My wife says I have a few other quirks too but I guess we all have our thing.  

I do recognize it may not be for everyone, it's a tight space. My wife and I are both not very big. I'm 5' 10' and 180 lbs and I fill it up. Not much headroom, no elbow room and if you drop the soap you need to be a gumby doll to pick it up. 

That said, I think the shower is one of the best things about having the RPod and I use it everyday. Haven't used a CG shower since. 

2016 R-Pod 179
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 12:07pm
As you have already seen, owners are all different, have different quirks, some prefer camping where electric is available as well as showers, other prefer to dry camp so there are no options except to use your pod shower.  We are into our 6th year  using our 177.  We normally dry camp, so the shower has been used a lot since March 2011.  My showers are quick, get wet, turn off water, soap up, rinse off, takes less than 2 minutes and less than 2 gallons/shower, including hair wash.  Works for us.  We spend most our time hiking, or being outdoors, not inside showering or using the commode.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 2:19pm
If the park showers are nasty or extra busy we use the POD. Works good, it's just a little more work, that's all. 

What model are you looking at in-lieu of the 180? 
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>