Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShower usage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower usage
    Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:56pm
We have the 179 with the wet bath. When we bought it, I was a little leary of a wet bath but quickly learned to love it. I use it almost every time I bathe. When I finish I just use my towel to wipe it down and it dries very quickly. On the other hand, my husband normally uses the camp ground facilities to bathe, most because he is 6' and finds it a little tight especially in shaving.

Since it has also been mentioned, the black water flush is also easy to use and works great.
2016 R-Pod 179
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:40pm
I have the same opinion as RodPod does. No public bathrooms, ever.  Our 171 is like all the wet baths, tight.  But the dirt in there is our dirt.  I can live with that.  Many years ago we were at a campground and someone had defiled the shower with having defecated on the floor.  I pity the poor ranger who had cleanup duty that week.  Ever since, I never ever used the public showers.  We always camp with a full hookup so that does alleviate one of the concerns with water conservation.  I tuck in my elbows and take a G.I. style shower and am delighted after having done so.  To each his own.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 10:36pm
I want to follow-up on my post about the vacuum breaker/check valve leakage for the black water flush. It turns out the VB/CV is okay. The leakage was coming from the threads where the hose that connects to the outside fitting attaches. The one from the unit to the black tank was okay. Apparently, either the fitting vibrated a little in our travels. It was just enough to start a leak. I removed the VB/CV, removed all the old Teflon tape, and replaced it with heavy-duty Teflon tape and reattached it. My initial testing seems to show that there is no more leakage. I'll know better the next time we need to flush the tank.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Wnewman1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 11:40pm
We have purchased the 180 specifically for the bathroom. We normally dry camp and with the hot water tank it makes our camping enjoyable. There is usually a dumping station so not an issue with gray water. We do use the campground showers on occasion but find we are using the Rpod more frequently. Definitely was the right choice for us.
Pat & Bill
Upstate New York
2017 R Pod 180
2016 Honda Pilot
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Camper Bob

I have the same opinion as RodPod does. No public bathrooms, ever.  Our 171 is like all the wet baths, tight.  But the dirt in there is our dirt.  I can live with that.  Many years ago we were at a campground and someone had defiled the shower with having defecated on the floor.  I pity the poor ranger who had cleanup duty that week.  Ever since, I never ever used the public showers.  We always camp with a full hookup so that does alleviate one of the concerns with water conservation.  I tuck in my elbows and take a G.I. style shower and am delighted after having done so.  To each his own.  Safe Travels.

This sort of stuff (and other) happens more frequently than the average person probably realizes. At busy facilities, weekly and often, more than that. Yes, there is a high turnover in the cleaning crew positions - which are minimum or near minimum wage. I oscillate between rage and being heartbroken and, always questioning "WHY!".

Hell, that's just the shower and restroom facilities....don't get me going on the rest of the parks' areas. Maybe the psychologists among us can explain the actions/motivations of some. I will offer this for your consideration: In all of the years that I have been camping, I have never (when renting a campsite) been subjected to:
1. A background check or,
2. A psychological evaluation
Neither is anybody else. Pay the fee and you get in - a place with little "oversight". Most are OK but, you do get a cross section of "humanity"...the good, bad and, ugly. Enjoy but, watch yourselves.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:22am
We stayed at a campground near Oneonta, NY. The owner had recently purchased it from a lady who could not maintain it after her husband died. I have not yet written that trip up, but will do so shortly. The facilities were dated, especially the bathroom and shower. They were functional. I spoke with the owner. He said that he does not have trouble from RV owners. He said that the problems come from tent campers. According to him, some of these are homeless people who make a mess of the facilities. I don't necessarily agree with his statement. I have also seen RV users who leave trash on the site when they leave. I just remember being taught by my parents when I was a child to pick up after myself and put trash in the proper place for disposal. Likewise, I was taught to respect other people's property. Unfortunately, there are too many people who did not have parents who taught them these things.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by StephenH

We stayed at a campground near Oneonta, NY. The owner had recently purchased it from a lady who could not maintain it after her husband died. I have not yet written that trip up, but will do so shortly. The facilities were dated, especially the bathroom and shower. They were functional. I spoke with the owner. He said that he does not have trouble from RV owners. He said that the problems come from tent campers. According to him, some of these are homeless people who make a mess of the facilities. I don't necessarily agree with his statement. I have also seen RV users who leave trash on the site when they leave. I just remember being taught by my parents when I was a child to pick up after myself and put trash in the proper place for disposal. Likewise, I was taught to respect other people's property. Unfortunately, there are too many people who did not have parents who taught them these things.

I don't think that I agree with his statement, either. It's possible that it happens on occasion, but, the restrooms are just as "open" as the shower stalls. I don't know how anyone with enough mental horsepower to stay alive could confuse the two. Even my dog knows the proper place to relieve herself.

True story:

A couple of years ago, I was speaking with a fellow camper who had heard of an earlier incident - where another camper had left a portion of their brain in the shower stall. He thought that was bad. However, he went on and volunteered that he frequently urinates in the stalls because, after all "There's a drain right there and it gets washed down sooner or later". So, that made it OK.

Maybe it does..........
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:23pm
Dead The herd still needs some thinning!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:00pm
Where is Darwin?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
blondie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:14pm
We stay at KOAs and have not been disappointed so far. They are rated by users online and it is detrimental to their business to not make high ratings. I wear slides when in the shower and wipe down the bench with cleaning products.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>