R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed182G Exterior Speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 182G Exterior Speakers
    Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 7:10pm
I have a 2016 182G and would like to add some exterior speakers to the side of my pod so I can enjoy the music when hanging out in the r-dome. My Jensen stereo have the "c" speakers so it would be easy enough to hooking it to them for sound. I am not sure about mounting the speakers to the outside though. 

I am considering going with speakers like these: http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/jensen-6-5-coaxial-waterproof-speaker-801.html and something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_068RPOD9/RetroSound-RPOD9.html?tp=61890 since the speakers are like 2.5" deep and I know the pod wall isn't that deep.

Using the speaker pods would also eliminate the need to cut a big hole in the side of the trailer for the speakers. I know I will still have a small hole for the wires and a few for the mounting screws.

Second questions is where to mount them either up high near the light on either side of the door or down low on either side of the door.

Any advice or suggestions For anyone with experience doing this would be great.
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 7:25pm
Have you given any thought to WiFi connected speakers?  No wires to run, no holes to drill.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Beachguysc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 9:50pm
I have a 182g and wanted to hook up the C speakers. So I bought a cheap stereo box with two 6.5" speakers and ran twenty feet of 14 gauge wire under the door to the storage under the dinette. Now it has a dual use. When we are inside, it helps to add bass and sound for the tv speakers, especially when the AC is on.  When outside. I just open the front storage door and have sound outside. Or with the extra wire, I pull it out and set it on the fender. 
Tim and Melina
2016 182G
2015 GMC Canyon crew cab 4x4 SLT = main Tv
2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid-TV
NutPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 11:22pm
I'm guessing the outside speakers must be something new for 2017 as mine has them. Here is where they mounted them from the factory.

uploads/5801/20160909_170552.jpg
Bcmckean View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 7:18pm
What model is that?

I think some models had them in prior years too, but not my 2016 182G. It does have speakers in the rear garage though.

Wonder where I could get those speaker pods that you have, what size are they?
NutPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 7:45pm
Hi bcmckean The model I have is a 2017 180. Not sure on the size of the speaker pods but I'm thinking 6" maybe ?. I suppose you could check with the parts dept at the R-Pod dealer.
4runninpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:56am
I am wanting to upgrade my exterior on my 15 179 and came across these. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_068RPOD6/RetroSound-RPOD6.html
Not sure if they would work or not. I think the new models rpods have different exterior speakers then what I have, the enclosures look bigger from what I have seen.
 Post Reply Post Reply