Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closeddelamination - Event Date: 13 Sep 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: delamination
    Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 3:36pm
Hello we recently purchased a 2016 rpod in june 2016.We love our rpod. We have only  been able to go out in it a couple of times so far. We noticed a few issues and the dealership is good about correcting them although it takes forever to get an appointment as they are very busy. We are in B.C. Canada. We looked at r pods for about five years before finally deciding to purchase one. Recently we had our r pod in for service work a cupboard door needed replacing and we had a few other small issues for the dealership to sort out.
Friday we get a call from the dealership letting us know that our trailer is ready for  pickup. So we let them know we will come in on Saturday. Saturday afternoon we pick up our trailer drive away when we stopped we noticed a large area of delamination on the right side. As we are already unhitched. We go into let the dealership know this has occured. We tell the manager and he takes our name and number. We ask him how they will repair it he said they can inject some glue into it to make it go back down.
My question is this does not seem like an appropriate repair for a brand new r pod. Very concerned as this was a major purchase. We want it fixed properly not a band aide on a brand new r pod.Cry
daryl boyk
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:26pm
Time to contact FR directly and go past your dealer.  This is unacceptable.  Under these circumstances if they can't make it right in short order, they should replace it with another 2016, same model.  They ought to have a warranty to protect you against things such as this.  When we purchased our 2011 model 177 back in March of 2011 we got a 1 year warranty that covered things such as this.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
darylboy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:39pm
Thank you for the reply  its supposed to have two years. we did send an email to forest river however we have not heard back as of yet.
daryl boyk
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:59pm
If no one from FR calls you back within a couple days, I would call them again. Somewhere I have read a thread that gives the direct number and person to speak to about matters such as this.  Regardless, either on their website or by calling direct I am sure the operator who answers, or the recorded message, will direct you to the proper person to get the ball rolling on this.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Nittybelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 5:34pm
I don't want to believe it but I cannot help but think because the R-Pod is not a huge 5th wheel with 3 slideouts and could cost $80,000; we get the "commoner" treatment. Persistence will prevail. Good luck!
Nittbelle
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Nittybelle

I don't want to believe it but I cannot help but think because the R-Pod is not a huge 5th wheel with 3 slideouts and could cost $80,000; we get the "commoner" treatment. Persistence will prevail. Good luck!

Don't believe it. Many here know people at the factory and have seen them go FAR above and beyond to help owners. Sometimes it takes time. Sometimes it needs documentation. Sometimes it's actually a dealer issue.
dcool1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 2:01pm
What was the outcome of this? Our Rpod is delaming. We pulled the window above the area and no sign of water damage. FR pretty much threw their hands up at us. 
2021 RAM 1500 TRX 4x4
2019 TOYOTA RAV4 AWD
2017 RPOD 180
2003 TOYOTA TACOMA 4x4
Dan & Marie
 Post Reply Post Reply