R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShower head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower head
    Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 6:48pm
Hello Podders,    Wondering if anyone with 180 has changed hand held shower faucet to a regular shower head. Would this be possible or a complicated mod?
Dawg Lady
2016 R-180 "Lizzy"
Georgia
ChetC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:35am
The drawback to switching to a regular shower head is that you give up the ability to easily turn the water off while showering.  If you're not happy with the shower head itself (I wasn't) or the location (I didn't care for that either), simply go to a local RV supply and purchase a nicer shower head kit.  

The shower head simply turns off the hose by hand, so replacement literally takes 1-2 minutes.  I didn't want to remove the old bracket as that would leave two holes to deal with, so I simply installed the new bracket on the same wall, but slightly higher and in the corner of the shower.  No drilling necessary if you use a screw gun.  I gobbed a small amount of silicone on the back of the bracket, in the screw holes themselves, and then simply drove the screws through the shower wall until they were snug.  I finished by hand tightening so I didn't strip out the screws.  

The new shower head functions much better and the new location gives more freedom of movement in the shower (I'm 6'2").  If you find the hose does not lie along the wall properly, simply loosen the hose at the controls by turning the plastic "ring" by hand, adjust the hose, and retighten the ring while holding the hose in place.

Another improvement I made was to purchase some clip on "depth finder" weights from a local sporting goods store and clip them to the bottom of the shower curtain at evenly spaced intervals.  I found the curtain liked to cling to me while showering and this alleviated that minor annoyance as well.
Former 2017 rPod 180 owner
Now in a 2019 Little Guy MAX
Full timer who logs more than 35,000 miles per year.
 Post Reply Post Reply