Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuietwoods RV near Neenah, WI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quietwoods RV near Neenah, WI
    Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 9:05pm
I bought a new 2016 RPOD 179 this past September. Have had several occasions to stop back for various accessories. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly.   The most recent experience was for the 12 volt battery that was not keeping a charge. To their credit, it was replaced, no questions asked. I was prepared to have a hassle, it was hassle free. So far, I am very happy with this dealership!!
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 9:12pm
Glad to hear that Ira.  What brand of 12v battery was replaced and was it replaced by the same name brand battery? 

Bet you are getting some weather over in WI, we are across the pond in MI about 2 miles east of Lake Michigan, have gotten over 24" of snow since Friday and current temp is 9 with 25 mph winds.  Good night to be inside.  As much as I like to pod in the off months, I am glad I am not in it tonight.  Glad the pod is in 'hibernation' mode.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Ira View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 9:27pm
Jato, It was a Volt Edge, by FVP. That is the battery the dealership handles. Actually, they gave me a credit slip for the value of the battery, and I am going to convert to double 6 volt batteries when I get the RPOD out of storage. I will wait until then to get the batteries, so my warrantee period starts in the Spring, rather than now.
Ira View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 9:32pm
Jato, Just looked up where you are located. You are in the midst of some very beautiful country!!!
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 8:32am
It is a sensory delight every season.  We can look out our front windows and watch the weather patterns as they travel across Torch Lake ( nearly 20 miles long, 2.5 miles wide and averages 250 feet deep down the middle of the lake) and then 2 miles west we have Lake Michigan.  Have had a lot of white out conditions the past few days, today is no exception.
Once my batteries go 'kerplunk' I think I will go your route and go with 2 6 volt golf cart batteries.  Could you please tell me the specifics of those batteries and what their cost is?  Thanks !
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 7:09pm
Quietwoods in Neenah was one of two dealers that I spoke with when buying our Pod.  We decided on HOrn;s RV in Sheboygan and that worked out well for us.  I had a rather unpleasant experience with Quietwoods in Neenah when trying to buy parts. The person at the counter was arrogant and sarcastic with me when I politely inquired about stabilizer jacks after ruining one when camping in Door county.  Their store in Sturgeon Bay was a delight to work with when we had trouble with an LP hose on the way to Washington Island.  I highly recommend them.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Ira View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 9:50pm
jato, I don't have the batteries at home. However, I believe they are 225Ah. The dealer quoted $120 each. However, I have a 20% discount on all accessories for the first year, so they will be $96. I have noticed that most people on this website and others talk about Trojan 105 batteries as the standard. However, because of my discount, I plan to go with what the dealer sells.
 Post Reply Post Reply