R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEZ Hose Carrier/RhinoFLEX mod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: EZ Hose Carrier/RhinoFLEX mod
    Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 12:08pm
I picked up Valterra, 64" EZ Hose Carrier and mounted it on my trailer so I could carry a longer sewer hose. The RhinoFLEX 15’ Sewer Hose and all the fittings, even a 5” Clear, Sewer Hose Straight Adaptor fits inside the carrier with just a slight modification to the 4” pipe thread on the end of the 4-In-1 adapter. If you have a lathe you can turn the outside diameter of treads so the adapter slides into the carrier. I don’t have access to a lathe so I used my belt sander to grind the diameter down. I put on leather gloves and let the adapter slowly rotate around my fingers while I pressed it against the belt sander. I would take a little off and the go and check the fit, once I had removed enough thread to fit inside the carrier I stopped, you need to leave enough thread to be able to screw it into the sewer drain. Using the belt sander as a lathe left the threads ragged so I had to go back with a thread file and clean them up as best as I could.

JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
 Post Reply Post Reply