R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed180 Mod Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lapine Rider View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 180 Mod Question
    Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:14pm
Hi!

I posted about six weeks or so back with some questions about a 180 before buying. I'm still hanging on the edge of the cliff, but am much closer to pulling the trigger. To really make this camper work for me, however, I need to make a mod. Since I have no easy access to a 180 to see if this is practical-- I'm several hours drive from the nearest that I know of-- I'm asking the opinion and advice of any owners here. I'd like to pull out the dinette and the little benches and replace them with a desk, maybe even one that folds to the wall when not in use. (As a semiprofessional writer, I need a reasonable and above all comfortable workspace to sit at for hours at a time. If I'm not comfortable, I can't concentrate. Since I'll be traveling alone 99% of the time, I don't need an extra bed or seating for two.) Ideally, I'd even like to use my current at-home recliner as the office chair. This is so important to me that my current #2 choice in a trailer is a toy hauler not because I need to haul any toys, but simply because I could at least choose my own furnishings and arrange them however I like. Even though I'd have to buy a larger TV and spend tons of $$'s, I'm still tempted just in order to be able to set up and define my own work area.

It looks like there's plenty enough room there for at least a small desk-- all I really need-- but... What about the floor itself? Is there floor covering installed under the benches? Are the walls stout enough to be bolted to? And, how are the benches mounted?

Any advice at all is appreciated!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12