Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Ownerrcycle ram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Ownerrcycle ram
    Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 2:15am
My wife and I purchased a used 2015 RPOD this morning and are in the process of learning all of the nuances that come with owning a trailer. We have had numerous RVs in the past, with the latest being a 38' diesel pusher motor home. We are pulling our new trailer with a 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4X4. One of my initial questions involves bringing a motor scooter along when we camp. The scooter weighs approximately 250 pounds. Any ideas on how to transport it would be appreciated. I have a camper shell on the truck which eliminates carrying it in the bed. I'm not sure if removing the spare tire in the rear of the trailer and mounting some sort of motorcycle ramp in its place would be advisable given the proper weight distribution issue. So if anyone has any experience or thoughts about the subject, I'm anxious to hear them. We look forward to our future camping adventures and participation with the RPOD community. Thanks, Henry

Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 8:55am
Henry,  Welcome and congratulations!  It is not recommended to put that kind of weight on the back of your pod.  You can search on this site and read other's experiences and they will agree, "don't do it."  I have seen trucks like yours mount the scooter in the front of the truck.  Probably not what you want to do as it will catch all the bugs unless you have a cover for it.  Like your quote from Matthew 5.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
john in idaho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 9:31am
The Pedego electric bicycle weighs around 50 lbs, and may work for you instead of the scooter.
 Post Reply Post Reply