R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHood River Edition-Risers Optional?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hood River Edition-Risers Optional?
    Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:11pm
I am getting ready to trade in my 2015 HRE 171 for a 2016 HRE 180.  On my 171 I have 4 inch risers over the axle.  However, on the 180, there are no risers, frame sits on the axle.  It does have the 15 inch rims and the decal does say "Hood River Edition" on the side.

I read somewhere that HRE in the West don't have risers anymore, but still have the same clearance as those HRE that have the risers.  This seems confusing, anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

Bob
landshark View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:47pm
Found my answer under these two topics. 

New axle system for rpod?

and NEW CHANGES.  

I was worried that the new 2016 R-180 would not have the clearance even though it was a Hood River Edition.  

Now I am just waiting to hear back from the dealer on if they well accept my trade offer.  

Cheers

Bob
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 8:10am
Current HREs have the new axle which came out a few years ago, and now in addition to that clearance with the new Blue R-Pods also have 3" crush tubes welded to the framing to give even more height, which in turn is why they now come standard with the double step.
landshark View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 4:08pm
Thanks for the info kymooses.

It is getting tricky to follow these Hood River axle mods.  I have spoken to a dealer here in Canada who has the new 2107 blue HRE 180 Rpods but still have the 4 inch riser with the door one step.  I have seen (on line) other blue HRE 180 with 2 steps and no risers, but likely do have the 3 inch crush tube. (as described by kymooses) 

And then there is the 2016 (December) Green HRE 180 that I am currently negotiating on that has no risers and the one step but does seem to have similar clearance to my HRE 171 with the risers.  

I guess the bottom line is that the HRE 180s regardless of the year have extra clearance than a non HRE.  Some to do with the axle/riser but also because of the bigger tires.

Be interested to see the height from pavement to bottom of the frame on these 3 recent but all different types.  I'll have to go back and measure the HRE 180 that I am dealing on and measure.  But I can say my HRE 2015 Rpod 171 with the 4 inch risers measures 16 inches from bottom of frame to pavement just in front of the tire with the trailer level.  The 171 tires are 235 on 15 inch rims.

I want the best height I can get so I don't loose a stabilizing jack going up an abrupt incline into a gas station etc.

Bob

Post Reply Post Reply