R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSLO-Pod 180 mods, John&Sue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: SLO-Pod 180 mods, John&Sue
    Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:17am

Originally posted by furpod

The a/c is probably because the dealer originally ordered it without a/c, and then added it, either because the buyer wanted it or because it is a less expensive option to the ordering dealer. I have worked on a couple of pods, all from the north, except one, that had that arrangement and a/c.One was from GA, but she wasn't the original owner and didn't know the history of her rings pod.

Furpod, 
Knowing the seller Cheyenne Rv Sales,  bought 30 and are selling them on ebay for $13600 they must have either bought overstock cheap or low enough priced and added a/c. Mine came with awning, elec jack, lp tank cover and A/C, tv, micro. so pretty loaded
My thought is that these were an overrun, and sold in bulk to the dealer. Mine was made in late 2018. And checking online 2019's have the brown door and the brown slide out corner blocks also, so I guess this is how they're being made now.
John 

SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

tcj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 5:23pm
For what it's worth, our 180 was made in April 2019.  The registration says it is a 2019 model.  Interior colors are the same as yours.  Our air conditioner is totally different.  The thermostat is digital mounted right of the bathroom door.

I just now got a sherline 1000 tongue scale and weighed the tongue.  400 pounds even.

That's with the fresh water tank drained of all it will drain in the level position, 5 gallons in the black tank, grey tank empty, inside stocked minimally with pots & pans, some dry goods, two sleeping bags, minimal items in the storage compartments, 53 pound battery, electric tongue jack, and estimate 4 gallons in a single propane tank. 
2018 R-pod 180 Hood River Edition
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by tcj

For what it's worth, our 180 was made in April 2019.  The registration says it is a 2019 model.  Interior colors are the same as yours.  Our air conditioner is totally different.  The thermostat is digital mounted right of the bathroom door.

I just now got a sherline 1000 tongue scale and weighed the tongue.  400 pounds even.

That's with the fresh water tank drained of all it will drain in the level position, 5 gallons in the black tank, grey tank empty, inside stocked minimally with pots & pans, some dry goods, two sleeping bags, minimal items in the storage compartments, 53 pound battery, electric tongue jack, and estimate 4 gallons in a single propane tank. 

Tcj,
I weighed my tongue this morning and I am at 425lbs. with a 3/4 full full fresh, empty black & grey, 1 lp tank-est3gal. 1 battery, and my drawers under the mattress mod. not stocked with hardly anything.

Here's the odd thing, I just bought it on 8/5/2019 new, and was told it was an 2018. And mine was built on 4/5/2017. So this thing sat around for 2 years somewhere. the price was right so I'm ok with that, but do feel cheated a bit. 

Does anyone know the part # for the double step? With the lift I need it. I can't find it anywhere online.

Thanks John

SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA

Suelynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 7:37pm
How did you make and attached the out door wood table bar.
Suelynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 7:37pm
Suelynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 7:38pm
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 8:43pm
Now that you have had your heating modification for a while, how well has that worked out for you? 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:08pm
Suelyn,
I originally installed threaded inserts using the tool kit I bought at harbor freight.
But one of the inserts failed and i replaced all the metal ones with rubber inserts with threads I got at ACE hardware. I saw my old 180 in December and the table is holding up well and has had no issues.
Check near the bottom of page 2 for some pictures.
 I sold this 180 last year, but we recently bought another 180 that i keep at our second home in Virginia near Chesapeake bay, For exploring the east coast.

Cheers John
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA

voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:37pm
Stephan,
I did have a few issues with the heater system. While taking a shower it would somehow draw cold water from the setup and my wife would scream at me while trying to shower.
The issue was solved by just turning off the valve i installed near the grill. 
Also this only happened while hooked up to city water so then we then used a small ceramic heater when hooked up. It never seemed to happen while boondocking in cold weather at night on our desert trips during the winter. So I think the city water pressure just was to much for the check valve.
Besides that it worked very well down to an outside temp of 37 degrees, which happened a few times.
But then I had the regular thermostat set to 58 and it would just kick in a few times at night and all was good. I much preferred the heat exchanger due to the quite heat as opposed to the furnace which woke me when it turned on.
We don't plan on doing much cold weather camping out east so i'm not going to put one in the new pod. The lady who bought the 180 Lived in it for a year while her house was being built, and only used the heat exchanger to heat it, But she lives in Santa Barbara and I don't think it ever gets really cold there.
rgds John
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA

lhamblin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:01pm
Hi John

we have a Rpod 180 and I like what you did with making two twin beds.  Did you happen to make any plans that you would be willing to share?  I have Polio and find it very difficult to get in and out of the bed and really like the two twins.

Larry Hamblin
lhamblin@telus.net
LHamblin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>