Topic ClosedAbandoned by FR and dealer - Event Date: 16 Mar 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Abandoned by FR and dealer
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:56am
Thanks techntrek for correction and keeping me straight. Agree with your comments.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
R-Podyssey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:30am
OMGosh!!! We are to pick up our new R-Pod 180 on the 18th.  Now I'm terrified!!!   Is there a checklist of things WE should check before bringing it home? The dealer is 90 miles, one way, from us so it's not like we're going to be hauling it back up there for things that go wrong. Plus, I know my husband, he mechanics for a living and does NOT want to have to do big repairs on something just to use and enjoy it, especially when it's brand new.
My heart goes out to you for experiencing this! 
Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the Journey!
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by R-Podessy

OMGosh!!! We are to pick up our new R-Pod 180 on the 18th.  Now I'm terrified!!!   Is there a checklist of things WE should check before bringing it home? The dealer is 90 miles, one way, from us so it's not like we're going to be hauling it back up there for things that go wrong. Plus, I know my husband, he mechanics for a living and does NOT want to have to do big repairs on something just to use and enjoy it, especially when it's brand new.
My heart goes out to you for experiencing this! 

Literally THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of new owners have had NO ISSUES at all. Don't let one reactionary rant harsh your mellow.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by R-Podessy

OMGosh!!! We are to pick up our new R-Pod 180 on the 18th.  Now I'm terrified!!!   Is there a checklist of things WE should check before bringing it home? The dealer is 90 miles, one way, from us so it's not like we're going to be hauling it back up there for things that go wrong. Plus, I know my husband, he mechanics for a living and does NOT want to have to do big repairs on something just to use and enjoy it, especially when it's brand new.My heart goes out to you for experiencing this! 
Literally THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of new owners have had NO ISSUES at all. Don't let one reactionary rant harsh your mellow.

+1.   Personally, I would put the Pod up against anything in it's class. Occasionally, someone will have an issue but, there is a warranty. If you do not want to drive to your selling dealer, any Forest River dealer could likely help. Odds are, yours will be just fine.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:56pm
[QUOTE=R-Podessy]OMGosh!!! We are to pick up our new R-Pod 180 on the 18th.  Now I'm terrified!!!   Is there a checklist of things WE should check before bringing it home? The dealer is 90 miles, one way, from us so it's not like we're going to be hauling it back up there for things that go wrong. Plus, I know my husband, he mechanics for a living and does NOT want to have to do big repairs on something just to use and enjoy it, especially when it's brand new.

We picked our 177 up in a snowstorm back in March 2011, what a great way to break in our new rpod!  Here we are 6+ years later.  We have been blessed with only a very few minor issues to contend with, over all we have been 99.9999999999999999999999999% satisfied.  Close to perfect I say.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
PodWa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:28pm
We purchased our R-Pod 179 last September, have made two weekend trips, and just finished a full week in the Pod without a single issue.  Only time will tell, but so far I am pleased and impressed.
computerfixitguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:23am
I just left my experience for pickup day here, 

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9923&PID=92963&title=newbie-items-needed-before-pod-pickup#92963

Derek
computerfixitguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:48am
Bill J..   your dealer is really bad.   I went through A.C. Nelsen in Omaha, that guy fixed things for me he didn't even break.  We were still getting used to the unit, I broke stuff, but he ponied up the cash to get it fixed where I live.  It is true that FR attention to detail will leave any effort exerting person many moments of bewilderment because you will wonder how those builders even cook food at home.  Factories are supposed to make economies of sameness worthwhile, but from my point of view here in Colorado;  did they hire my neighbors.  That would explain A LOT.  Trailer doesn't smell like they did.  

We love ours.  Our dealer is 900 miles away because the one here in Denver, um , well, doesn't understand what selling is.  In fact, I met 3 people who all went to Omaha to get theirs like I did.  Yes stuff is missing or not screwed in, but I couldn't be happier.   If I could get in front of a FR executive however, the questions I have about how they produce these things, maybe he just doesn't know.

Your dealer should have stood by you and I am sorry they did not.  The RPOD is still the nicest, biggest, lightest, TT you can get for the money.  But I gladly would have paid a $500 fee to have a QA done before I picked it up knowing what I know.  It would have just been easier.   My neighbor bought a $60K 5th wheel, not Forest River, but his trim falls off too.

Derek
R-Podyssey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by computerfixitguy

I just left my experience for pickup day here, 

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9923&PID=92963&title=newbie-items-needed-before-pod-pickup#92963

Derek

Thanks Derek, I read it!

Thank you to everyone!!! I am sure there is no way to make sure the Pod is 100% before we leave, but I'll be real happy with 90%.  Sure hope our dealer is all they say they are... They're already mad at us. I used our own bank for the financing, told the finance dude at the dealership I was going to, and he was quite disappointed when he called a week ago thrilled he'd found us financing at the same interest rate OUR credit union gave us. I stuck with our credit union, and he was kind of miffed.

Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the Journey!
Bill-J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:36pm
As you have probably read I had a number of problems, most of which I ended up fixing at my own expense, as Forest River and PaulsboRV refused to take care of them AND I also was suppose to have a warrenty.  Having a warrenty does not so much for you if Forest River and the dealer will not honor it. 

Many have had no problems but many have also had problems.  One person answered you by saying. "Literally THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of new owners have had NO ISSUES at all. Don't let one reactionary rant harsh your mellow."

Since my experience I have really studied many of the blogs and you will find MANY that have had similiar experiences.  Google "Rpod problems" and you will find many.

If I were to do it again and I really wanted an Rpod I would make the dealer VERY aware of the problems some of us have had and would try EXTREMELY hard to get a written agreement that the dealer will be totally responsible for ANY warrenty work required and the dealer can get his costs for the repair from Forest River and that you do not want any dealings with Forest River.  If the dealer refuses to do this then I, knowing what I know now, would not purchase from that dealer.

It really ticks you when you have a problem, take it in for repair, wait two weeks for the dealer to get it in the shop, wait two more weeks to find out that Forest River refused to pay for the repair then the dealer tell you that since Forest River will not pay for it they will be glad to fix it AT YOUR EXPENSE.

I do think that you can show the dealer all of the problems that others have had from this blog alone and that might give you some leverage.

Somewhere in this blog I listed ALL of the problems I had and what the dealer and Forest River did and did not do. 

Good luck.  At least you are aware of what might happen.  I went into it blind and I had the thought PaulsboRV was an honorable dealership.... boy was I wrong.  Again my final comment is that I was totally abandonded by Forest River and PoulsboRV.

Let me know how it goes.
When in doubt, don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>