Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAbandoned by FR and dealer - Event Date: 16 Mar 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Abandoned by FR and dealer
    Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:52pm
I wonder if there is any way to find out what day of the week the  pod is  made ?
vtwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 2:20pm
I feel you Bill, Rpod has serious QC on the west coast..
We had few issues (leaky black water tank/mostly quality sucking), and ended up selling ours and moving to Motorhome. Theres a reason if you have camping friends they say to each other, friends don't let friends buy Forrest River!! We still go to the RV shows to look at all types of campers. Forrest river is the cheapest in quality, where Winnie drop is best for this shape trailer. Even Jayco is beating FR at their own design.. Its not just Rpod, its Forrest river on west coast. In-laws just got new Flagstaff superlite 23fbds against our recommendation. Things are mounted uneven, trims already delaminating, etc just after taking out twice.
     As for Paulsbo, they couldn't fix our black water tank.. Either sell yours and move on or contact state AG with complaint. You paid for a warranty in the sales price..They aren't BB accredited and have C- rating for reason..
Bill-J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 2:58pm
I appreciate your reply.  As you might have guessed I consider PaulsboRV to be useless.  When people ask me about the Rpod I tell them the floor plan is good but everything else is junk and the construction is criminal..... 

You mentioned they have a C- BB rating.  Were you refering to PaulsboRV, Forest River, or both.
When in doubt, don't.
vtwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Bill-J

I appreciate your reply.  As you might have guessed I consider PaulsboRV to be useless.  When people ask me about the Rpod I tell them the floor plan is good but everything else is junk and the construction is criminal..... 

You mentioned they have a C- BB rating.  Were you refering to PaulsboRV, Forest River, or both.

PaulsboRV
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 6:37pm
I must chuckle a bit at your comment vtwin as I have had no issues with my 2011  177 that we purchased in January and picked up early March 2011.  Now going on year 7 with no regrets.  As far as the Winnie drip and quality?  Well maybe it is a fluke but we know of a couple who were sorely disappointed with theirs, maybe it was built on a Saturday in Bangladesh?  Many, many problems, and after 6 months of that, they sold it for a big time loss, here it is 4 months later sitting at a lot in Traverse City, Michigan, still collecting dust.  
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Bill-J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 11:56pm
I wonder if back 6 years ago when you got  your Rpod their quality was better?  It sure sucks today.

Be interesting to see if it is the late models only that have all the trouble.
When in doubt, don't.
vtwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:46am
Originally posted by jato

I must chuckle a bit at your comment vtwin as I have had no issues with my 2011  177 that we purchased in January and picked up early March 2011.  Now going on year 7 with no regrets.  As far as the Winnie drip and quality?  Well maybe it is a fluke but we know of a couple who were sorely disappointed with theirs, maybe it was built on a Saturday in Bangladesh?  Many, many problems, and after 6 months of that, they sold it for a big time loss, here it is 4 months later sitting at a lot in Traverse City, Michigan, still collecting dust.  

So you chuckle/laugh because others do have issues when you don't? Schadenfreude much? I don't think its funny when anybody pays for something and has issues. Doesn't matter if its what i have or not. Thought Forums were a place people can share their thoughts, ideas, experiences, etc.. After all, this is a post in the DEALER REVIEWS subsection...

And since you like to use Biblic as a signature.

Proverbs 24:
17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice,18
or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from them.

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:14pm
Easy guys.. no one is anybodies enemy here.

There is no doubt that some owners DON'T have as good an experience as others do.

Let's try to keep on track and get them resolved if possible.

I am making no excuses for the Pod, this one or any other.. But, it IS the least expensive TT in it's class. Also, the best selling. Like it or not you don't get an Avalon for Yaris money. So, again, lets try to get the OP's issues taken care of if possible, and try not to get into arguments about it.
SqueakyToy17 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 2:32pm
Hi Bill,
Boy you have good timing -
Which Poulsbo RV did you go to (Auburn?). I have an appointment with them to fix a waste water valve (stuck in closed position) and I suspect the water heater anode...but now am REALLY hesitant...

GADS

Other than the two things I mentioned, thankfully my rPod 179 is working great...fingers crossed.   
Bill-J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:54pm
I went to the one in Mt. Vernon.

During the time of my dealings with them their service manager quit and went else where, the acting service manager was the person who is in charge of service of all stores, and he would not return any calls and his promises were as empty as everyone elses.

What year Rpod?  Just trying to see if it is all years or just recent that are having the majority of problems.

BTW  We found an independent RV repair and they are fast, do what they say when they say it, the do it, and are cheaper than PaulsboRV's inflated hourly labor rate.
When in doubt, don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>