Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAbandoned by FR and dealer - Event Date: 16 Mar 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Abandoned by FR and dealer
    Posted: 12 May 2017 at 7:16pm
I apologize vtwin that you misunderstood my chuckling at your comment where you stated "friends don't let friends buy Forest River."  Nothing beyond that was intended nor did I say so in my comment.  My point was that not all rpods are junk (although there are some that may qualify by the problems some have) and even the Winnie drops have their issues.  That was all I intended by the post my friend.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Bill-J

I went to the one in Mt. Vernon.

During the time of my dealings with them their service manager quit and went else where, the acting service manager was the person who is in charge of service of all stores, and he would not return any calls and his promises were as empty as everyone elses.

What year Rpod?  Just trying to see if it is all years or just recent that are having the majority of problems.

BTW  We found an independent RV repair and they are fast, do what they say when they say it, the do it, and are cheaper than PaulsboRV's inflated hourly labor rate.

I have been watching this forum since 2010 and a pod owner since 2011.  There have been problems every year.  Most have been dealer problems.  Some have been created by the manufacturer.  It is a mistake to assume that all  FR products, or even most of them are bad.  If one is interested in findin manufacturing problems google anything and you find problems.  Few post that they are delighted.  It is far more common to post trouble.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Davidb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:53am
I know how you feel about quality and getting service for your R-Pod, we sold a Livin Lite trailer that was built with amazing quality but was a toyhauler and we didn't haul anything in it any more.

We purchased a brand new 180 last month and I am now on my own to get things right with it.

Our local dealer didn't have one in stock when we were ready to purchase so I had to drive to Texas from Louisiana and purchase one that was in stock.

I brought it to my local dealer after a Colorado trip due to the hot water heater not lighting and the inverter not charging the battery when connected to line power.

They told me they will not service it since we didn't purchase it from them, it's not like I didn't like their price, they just didn't have one in stock and said they probably won't be getting any.

So I don't have a problem fixing it myself.

I ordered a replacement circuit board from Dinosaur Electronics and got the hot water heater working, it is a much better built board than the Chinese one that comes in the Suburban water heater.

I ordered a new inverter system from Best Converters, it is made by Progressive Dynamics and can be installed in the WFCO (Chinese) housing that came with the trailer.

The only thing left is to jack up the trailer and adjust the trailer brakes and it should be in perfect condition.

I see what you are saying that it is more satisfying to fix things yourself and avoid the headaches and anger dealing with some of these dealerships. They will usually charge you for the repairs and send you to the manufacturer for compensation that will probably not happen.

David and Alice
Lafayette Louisiana
David
Bill-J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:19pm
Hi all,

Been a while since I was on this site so thought I'd give an update.

As you know, if you have read all my blogs, I have completely written off Forest River and PaulsboRV as being worthless for warranty and other problems.

I found a local RV repair company that does excellent work, they actually set a date and you take the RV in and the next day you get a call to pick it up AND they actually guarantee their work.  What a novel approach - say what you are going to do, then do it.

Things they have done:

They added a automatic cover over the slide out for $405 parts and labor.

They took the shower out and replaced the undersized plywood base with 3/4" plywood, put down a grid of 2X4 under the base and properly installed shower (no sealer had been used).  Fine now. $432  (They just thought nothing would really be satisfactory until the shower had a stable support so I told them just fix it and fix it right..... you know the way it should have been built that way.)

They added a door in the side (used the same door as the outside shower) so I can get access to the water pump for service and winterizing without having to move the mattress off of the bed to access it.  Cost $138.

They added an electric jack installed on the hitch for $254 including wiring.  Really helps installing and removing the distribution springs, plus really helps an old 80 year old back.  (PaulsboRV wanted $360 for EXACTLY the same thing - this was my "special" price as a new buyer)

Now future plans.  We plan on leaving here on Sept 20 and drift over to Idaho then S to Corpus Christi, TX then drift through NM, AZ, UT, OR, and back to WA.  We plan on taking maybe 3 months to do this with no plans at all.  We just have some places we want to see so we will get up and ask, "Which way do we want to go today?" then do it.  We'll decide where we want to stay as the day goes on.... I suspect there might be more than a few Camp Walmart stays as they are in every city while RV parks are not as plentiful.

This will be the test of the Rpod.  I'll let you know how it goes.

When in doubt, don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345