Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAwning, Bathroom, & TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning, Bathroom, & TV
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:46pm
I'm sure you can do it. There are instructions with it and if you identify and put together your poles and have a tall enough step you should be able to manage and that extra space is so nice.
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:51pm
Forgot to say that if you want the underskirting up to keep mosquitoes out you will need a pair of scissors to cut a slit for the step to fit through. We put ours in place, checked the fit and then cut. I am planning to edge the opening with a binding of tape so it does not fray.
The skirting runs behind the tire.
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Hodge-PODge

Originally posted by HuronSailor

If you leave the front and sides off the rDome, that's pretty much what it looks like, except the sides come up higher.
 Well, true, but don't you think this awning would be easier and take less time to set up than the dome?

What I meant was, the front and two sides actually can be unzipped from the rDome, leaving you with virtually the same thing you see in the photo. 
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 12:53am
THOSE FOUR ITEMS ARE WHY WE WENT WITH THE SURVEYOR INSTEAD OF THE POD WE REALLY LIKED THE POD, BUT BECAUSE OF MY HEART CONDITION THE ELECTRIC AWNING AND THE LARGER BATH WAS A MUST FOR ME
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 1:04am
I MIGHT ADD SHE WAS AFRAID I MIGHT FALL IN THE SHOWER THE SURVEYOR HAS THE TOILET SEPERATE FROM THE SHOWER. A VANITY WITH SINK AND MIRROR WITH MEDICINE CABINET. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT THAT I CAME ON HERE TO PROMOTE THE SURVEYOR ,BECAUSE I AM NOT .WE LOVED THE RPODS BUT I HAVE HAD A QUADRUBLE BYPASS AND TWO PACEMAKERS PUT IN. PLUS I AM AN INSULIN DEPENDENT DIABETIC. AND THE SAFETY CONCERNS MY WIFE HAD WON OUT. THE ONLY REASON WE ARE NOT IN A POD.
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
Podsible Dream View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 7:04pm
Pie Pod, can you add your pod license photo the thread started about them. It would b great t have in our collection of POD-plates!
Thanks.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 8:44pm
Yeah, the shower is a bit tight, but even though I'm disabled, I'm like a spider in there.  Clap
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
sanjerga View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 12:06pm
Hey Diane!  The dome is a little cumbersome but well worth the time.  It's an extra room, keeps the dew off and great to sit in when it's raining!
Hope to see you around soon....we went to Salacoa Creek this past weekend and McKinney on Allatoona a few weeks ago. 
Happy Trails!
Jerry & Sandy and an 8 lb Maltese dog
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by sanjerga

Hey Diane!  The dome is a little cumbersome but well worth the time.  It's an extra room, keeps the dew off and great to sit in when it's raining!
Hope to see you around soon....we went to Salacoa Creek this past weekend and McKinney on Allatoona a few weeks ago. 

Hey Jerry and Sandy,

I went to Fort Mountain State Park on Memorial Day Weekend.  I love it up there, so I had a great maiden voyage with my grandsons.  Haven't tried camping at Salacoa Creek yet -- it is almost in my backyard -- and not nearly as big (I live on a 44 acre farm in Red Bud)! LOL

I had a family emergency and pulled my rpod up to my mom's backyard in Brevard, near Asheville, NC, so I wouldn't have to get a hotel room there.  The prices of hotels in that little mountain town in the summertime are outrageous, and I also needed to be closer to my mom's house.  My stepdad was very ill and subsequently passed away this past week.  My sister and I nursed him in order to spare our mother who is frail and could not have done it, and he didn't want to be hospitalized.  It was a horrible time for my stepdad and for all of us,  too, but my rpod did give me a little peace and comfort as my home away from home -- even if I did give the jacks a good "sanding" going up the driveway  But the pod was a blessing for sure.

I will be back up there in the NC mountains mid July to "properly" camp out for our family reunion.  I love camping in the pod.  It's so easy to set up and break down camp.  One of my aunts who has owned several RVs - motorcoach, 5th wheel, truck camper, etc., - took one look at my Rpod and fell in love with it.  My uncle said, "Oh, no, Diane -- you've gone and done it now!"

I missed the owners forum a lot while I was gone (had a laptop but was too busy to log on) -- I almost feel like I have family here - well, friends anyway.

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 5:41pm
I am sorry for your loss. I am sure your Mother, being frail, really needed you there. AND such a unique way. I used mine when a dear friend went in for heart surgery last year. Was great to have a place to sleep and not drive 40 miles home every night.
I hear you talking when you say the prices are high in resort towns.
Will not be able to leave until after the 7th of July( and that is kind of iffy too). Have been combing the campgounds, would you believe Elkmont in the Park has nothing I would want to camp on until sometime in September and nothing , of course, on the river. I have been eyeing Townsend. Oh well, I am making and freezing meals for a sick friend and plan to get a run of peach jam done this week and Weed, Weed, WeedDead Being gone and coming back after a lot of rain has my patch looking like a jungle.

Sounds as if you may have another Pod person there. After so many months without using mine, I might as well be starting over. Just need to get out there and learn to say NO. I am going to look into the camp grounds in the Ga. mountains, some that you recommended.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>