Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew to the forum NEED HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: new to the forum NEED HELP
    Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 12:31pm
There have been many posts on this site about wholesale dealers selling RPODs for around $14.5.  Add $1500 and you should have no problem finding a dealer within a couple of days drive.  You can make a vacation out of it.  It may be well worth the savings.  Also knowing there are dealers selling it at $14.5 you may find a dealer willing to match it (or come close).  Our local dealer would not budge on $17.9 and then added $2000 additional costs.  We found a dealer 90 miles away who would go $500 over wholesale at $15 (with all the options minus the bike rack).
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
bigjewpapa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Richand Cindy

There have been many posts on this site about wholesale dealers selling RPODs for around $14.5.  Add $1500 and you should have no problem finding a dealer within a couple of days drive.  You can make a vacation out of it.  It may be well worth the savings.  Also knowing there are dealers selling it at $14.5 you may find a dealer willing to match it (or come close).  Our local dealer would not budge on $17.9 and then added $2000 additional costs.  We found a dealer 90 miles away who would go $500 over wholesale at $15 (with all the options minus the bike rack).

how do find out where the wholesaler rv dealers are?
Don&Amy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 2:40pm
I recently purchased (ordered) a 2018 R-Pod 178. My out-the-door price was $14,750. I researched for nearly a year before deciding on what/where to buy. My local (Virginia) dealers were not willing to do much negotiating so I went online in search of a better deal. What I found was R-pods in Ohio, Indiana, and eastern Iowa were by far the most reasonably priced.

Once I decided I was ready to pull the trigger, I began contacting several dealers, first by their "Internet Quote" buttons and then via telephone. I was able to get my best deal by letting them know what I was being offered and I had two dealers come way down in price. The dealer I ultimately purchased from is in Indiana. He wanted my business and was able to arrive at a price we were both comfortable with.

Insofar as providing any advice on the two models...well I am not in a position to do that as I am still awaiting delivery of mine. However, I would definitely give much thought to those on this forum that are experienced Podders. They are a wealth of knowledge!

Good luck with your search and I hope you are able to find what you are looking for!!
backin15 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:13pm
StarCraft must be owned by Jayco, it looks exactly like the Hummingbird.
We looked at the Jayco before purchasing our Pod, it was an exact replica. It was also a few hundred pounds heavier and a bit more expensive. We went with the original.
Our R-Pod dealer told us Forest River has successfully sued Jayco and other brands to stop production of the copies. Not sure if this is true or salesman hype though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12