R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed177 Dinette Table Mod?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 177 Dinette Table Mod?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 2:21pm
Anyone have suggestions for a better, lighter, nicer table for the 177?
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:29pm
What we do like about the table in our 177 is that it is solid and even if one accidentally hits it most everything stays upright w/o tipping over.  Same goes when we take it outside to play cards or some other game, it is a very stable table.  Used ours for 6 years so far, no issues.  I know this doesn't address your question, but when plans do you have for a lighter table? If you go really light it will no longer work as a sleeping area unless the person using it is really a lightweight.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
geewizard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:24am
jato, we find getting into and out of the dinette seats kind of awkward.  And we're pretty slim people.

It's good to hear that you've had no issues in 6 years.  Maybe we should just give it a try for a while.

I kind of have MODDING fever, I guess....Star
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:26pm
After going thru pup tents, pop up campers and then moving up to our 177, we felt like we were living as kings and queens.  The distance between table and seats was about the same as both our previous pop-ups, a Rockwood and later a  Jayco.  The table on both these was supported by a single pole that at best was "unstable" and over the years we laugh about the times we had major earthquakes as the table would tip over (although it wasn't funny at the time).  What I really like about this (beside being so stable) is the ease of pulling the knob and pulling the table up, snap, and you are good to go, a quick reverse and you are ready to travel down the road.  Don't recall any table mods, although there may be some.  In any case, if you do decide on a mod, why not save your existing table and then use your modified table for awhile and see what works best for you. If that doesn't suit your liking,  I suppose you could shave an inch or so off each side w/o compromising the ability of using it for another bed.  Just an idea.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply