R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Pod Model RP-175

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod Model RP-175
    Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:22am
I purchased a 2010 model 175 in 2009.  Most times I will be alone when it is used because my wife doesn't "do" camping much.
The idea behind the purchase was that I wanted a small camper to tow behind my Jeep Liberty when I go off roading in the Jeep.  The camper had to be small and have all the usual amenities of the larger units.  The size and shape of the R-Pod 175 fit the bill just right.  The price was VERY reasonable also.

I added the 3.75" axle riser to the camper because sometimes I spend the night/nights out in the boonies when the Jeep and I play.  The added height doesn't seem to have any negative effects on the stability of the R-Pod at all.  I would recommend  everyone get the axle riser even if you do not intend to go off road.  It gives your camper that extra ground clearance.

As can be imagined space is at a premium.

There is a functional restroom in the R-Pod but there isn't exactly a lot of room in there.  When mother nature calls you have the space to answer!Big smile  The shower, which is part of the restroom, with a pull around curtain, is small but it does work very well.

The kitchen area is a well thought out area with a double burner stove top, microwave/convection oven combo.  The fridge could be a little bigger.  But again, it does serve the intended purpose.

The R-Pod 175 has a queen sized bed which gives me plenty of room!  The one thing I don't care for about the bed is that it fits very tight making it difficult to make up the bed. 

Over all I am very happy with my R-Pod.  I would, and have, recommended it to others.
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
 Post Reply Post Reply