R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNewbie with questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie with questions
    Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 6:18pm
My wife and I are about a month into R-Pod ownership and (by some work of God) I have managed to avoid breaking anything too major. However, when we went to set up camp the other day I opened the garage of our 182g to find that the light bar in the top had come unattached from the wall. Anyone have experience dealing with this? I'm wary of drilling into the walls, so any tips would be appreciated. 

On a different (and probably less urgent note) I am trying to find a way to stabilize the dinette bed while also creating more storage in the pod. We really only use the dinette for sleeping so I'm ok with removing the table and we live in North Carolina so we don't have much use for the furnace. I am thinking of building a frame that will slide into the table area of the dinette with a board on top to act as the platform for the bed and drawers in the front to put our clothes. 
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:07pm
Hello Jamie,

Welcome and congratulations!

I live in NC also. I have found the furnace to be quite useful, especially in some of the cold weather camping we have done. You may find that you will eventually would like to do an early spring or late fall camping trip. If so, you would appreciate having the furnace usable. Lacking that, you would need an alternative to stay warm. If you build something, please consider not blocking the furnace so that it will be there if you need it.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:20pm
Sorry to also be counter-responsive, but as someone from Tennessee who camps more in North Carolina than anywhere else, (GSMNP last week and OBX next month, for example) I have to say the furnace is really nice to have.  We do like off-season camping though, and mostly in National Parks -- the ones we go to don't have hookup, so an electric heater isn't an option.

Regarding your light though, I'd be surprised if you can't tell how it was attached and just put it back.  Depending on how it was attached you might need a little glue of some sort or slightly fatter (not longer) screws.  It may just snap back in place though.  But if you bought it new, it's a warranty issue if you want it to be.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:55pm
Jamie, you sound a lot like me except in my case it was ordering our 177 without A/C.  We have used our pod for 6 years so far and have had only 2 nights where it would have been really nice to have A/C, yet in both cases electricity was not available so it became a moot point.  When I retire in a couple years we may consider purchasing A/C for our 177 as we would like to go way south for a change and figure it may be a good thing to have.  We normally camp in off season during spring and fall, out west in the Rockies in September and A/C for us has never been needed thus far.

As Tars posted above, it shouldn't be too difficult to see how your light bar was attached, more importantly as he said, if it's new, it is a warranty fix for your dealer.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply