R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: RPod 171 Select heat on T-stat, but AC starts up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RPod 171 Select heat on T-stat, but AC starts up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sjbarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPod 171 Select heat on T-stat, but AC starts up
    Posted: Yesterday at 2:03am
As noted, when I set the thermostat in my 2013 R-Pod 171 to "heat," the heater does not start but the overhead AC does, and it gets cold quickly, the opposite of what I need.  Since the original thermostat was showing its age by partially obliterating its display, I switched it out for a new Dometic thermostat, hoping that the replacement would solve the confused HVAC problem.  Not to be--the problem persists.  The fan setting starts the fan, the cool setting starts the AC, and the heat setting also starts the AC.  As far as I can tell, the only HVAC controller is the thermostat itself but what's happening suggests a problem elsewhere, perhaps the wiring?  Any insight would be much appreciated.

Edited by sjbarry - Yesterday at 2:04am
gpokluda View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:25am
I remember having this issue when I had my 179. I believe it has to do with the Auto setting. Have you experimented using that setting instead of fan?
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Kawasaki KLR650
 Post Reply Post Reply