R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed178 axle support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Toyanvil View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 178 axle support
    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 8:55am
Hello I just picked up a 2016 178 Hood River in great condition with the exception of a bent axle I need to repair, it has negative camber. Looking on the web, it looks like this is a common problem with the R Pod's. It looks to me like the frame rails are to narrow for the axle and there is to much leverage. The frame rail to hub face looks will over the 9 inch max recommended, mine is close to 14". I am thinking the axle could be realigned and then build a support from the frame to a mount at the end of the axle holding it to support the wheel end of the axle. There is a good frame shop in town I have used to align the trailer I have now, that can realign it. If that does not work, I will install a 5200lbs. axle with 3500lbs. leaf springs.
Here are the top mounts and a mount to relocate the LP gas line all done and powder coated. I also replaced the grade 5 bolts and grade 3 washers with all grade 8.

Welding the mounts to the lift blocks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567