R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA couple of questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple of questions
    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by flryder

I have a new 192 and a few questions.  I have a 30A outlet so I keep the Rpod plugged in while it is  in my backyard.  
1 - Does having the Rpod plugged in charge the battery?  
2 - I noticed there is a port on the front of the frame tied in with the propane line.  It has a blue rubber cap on it and a valve.  Is it for connecting to an external propane tank?

Thanks,
Dan

Hello Dan,

I believe the port is not for connecting to an external propane tank, but is instead a port for connecting a grill. It is low pressure so you would need one meant for low-pressure propane. These don't have (or need) a regulator since the pressure has already been reduced by the RPod's regulator. Our 2016 RP179 does not have that. It would be handy and I have thought about trying to add one. I just have not figured out how yet.

As for the battery, yes. The converter in the RPod charges your battery if low and maintain it at a float charge if it is fully charged. I added a 30A outlet to our house to be able to keep the RPod plugged in and also to be able to run the AC while we are home. Most of the time, I keep it at 80F because I don't want the interior to get too hot and I don't want the NC summertime humidity. In the winter, I can keep a small ceramic block heater going to keep the interior above freezing. That does not take the place of winterizing, but it keeps my LiFePO4 battery above freezing since it is inside.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:34pm
I don't own a new Pod. Having the Pod on 30A connecter with converter CB on charges the battery. I think you do have an external port for propane. Nice addition for newer Pods.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
flryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:17pm
I have a new 192 and a few questions.  I have a 30A outlet so I keep the Rpod plugged in while it is  in my backyard.  
1 - Does having the Rpod plugged in charge the battery?  
2 - I noticed there is a port on the front of the frame tied in with the propane line.  It has a blue rubber cap on it and a valve.  Is it for connecting to an external propane tank?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123