Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Couch RV Nation review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch RV Nation review
    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 7:27pm
A lot of sales people will seem to be very helpful before the purchase. It is after the purchase that matters. Once the customer signs the papers, he/she becomes a stranger to the sales person who is off trying to earn his/her next commission.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Britcampers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Britcampers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 9:24pm
I wish the 176t was available locally. After having the first camping trip i am going to have to fix several other issues as even my local camping world is so busy selling new units i have been warned of at two months waiting time for them to even look at a warranty issue.  
Not only has Couch RV nation failed to get my awning fixed on the mount by fixing an led strip on the mount but also failed to to notice the top of the towny section is not even fastened to the frame.  At least i only got a little wet before duck tape came to the rescue. 

I guess this year is not a good year to be buying a camper as the shoddy workmanship from forest river demonstrates from my tent replacement they are not checking work before sending it out. 
Steve Canyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Canyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 9:32am
Maybe you can fix some of those thing yourself as I had to. My bathroom fan has never worked and it's a 2020 190. I will have an electrican friend of mine see what he can do with it. You can also hire an mobile machanic, then pay him and send in the receipt to the warrenty dept. They do honor those, at least that's what the say.
Steve
Steve
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 1:29pm
Contract the RPod warranty department at Forest River and have them send you a list of shops that are qualified to do warranty work. Then you can be sure FR will recognize the shop and I think it will simplify getting the warranty work done.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
crazycoyote View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote crazycoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:11pm
Back in Arizona for the winter season. That  is why I bought from Cheyenne Camper Sales in Walcot, Iowa. No problems, strait sales price, lots of Pods in stock. Greatest dealer I ever dealt with, and I bought many in my lifetime.
NewEnglandah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NewEnglandah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 3:24pm
We don't plan on ordering our R-pod 195 until late spring or summer 2021, but curiosity got the better of me and I shot Couch's a quote request. I expected them to come in for thousands less than the "local" authorized dealers and they did. But factoring in the 1,800-mile round trip required to pick it up from them in Ohio, not to mention everything I've read here and elsewhere about dealing with Couch's, we won't be buying from them. Not no way, not no how.
Tom
Wannabe R-pod 195 Owner
2020 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum AWD
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 3:40pm
But you may want to use the Couch's quote as part of your negotiating with your local dealer.  Not necessary to match the quote but make the price more reasonable, everything considered.  That is what I did and you would be surprised how it works and also closing toward the end of the month and picking the trailer up (getting it off their lot) before the end of the month.  Maybe this year all this posturing will not work because of the shortages and long delivery wait time in the RV industry.  
Jay

179/2019
NewEnglandah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NewEnglandah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 3:45pm
Point well taken, Jay. I use every available weapon in my arsenal when negotiating, and the Couch's quote is one of them. Even taking the COVID effect into account, some dealers are bound to have units they're anxious to move, and if they aren't willing to come down from the MSRP by 20 to 30 percent, they won't be moving those units to me.

Wink
Tom
Wannabe R-pod 195 Owner
2020 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum AWD
Colonel Podder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colonel Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by NewEnglandah

We don't plan on ordering our R-pod 195 until late spring or summer 2021, but curiosity got the better of me and I shot Couch's a quote request. I expected them to come in for thousands less than the "local" authorized dealers and they did. But factoring in the 1,800-mile round trip required to pick it up from them in Ohio, not to mention everything I've read here and elsewhere about dealing with Couch's, we won't be buying from them. Not no way, not no how.

Hello NewEnglandah,

You may already be aware of this, but if you want the 195 by summer you may need to order real soon. I am hearing six month wait times on orders placed now. Our 196 has been on order since 9/8/2020, it is expected to arrive in February, unless delays push it out further. This is at my local dealer, yours may have better news?

Regards
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dirt Sifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 8:20pm
X2 what Stephen H said. Forest River gave us some choices, one of the closest was another dealer who has been excellent to work with.
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>