This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R Pod Outrigger Debacle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cookie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R Pod Outrigger Debacle
    Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 7:47am
The wife and I plan on retiring in the next year or so we decided to pull the trigger on a 2107 178. We  
purchased R Pod in February from a dealer in Green Bay WI and dragged it home to the far east side of Michigan, near the Blue Water Bridge. It's been in storage, so last weekend I backed it in the driveway so the wife could give the Pod a "deep clean" as she likes to call it. My wife walks out of the garage with rubber gloves and bucket in tow and says, "why's the trailer leaning so much"? This was my introduction to the outrigger debacle. Thank goodness for Google and You Tube. I placed four calls to Forest River looking for outriggers, with no response. I then called a local R Pod dealer trying to find outriggers. He informed me that he has two orders from February waiting to be filled from FR and says they're on back order. He suggested trying to find a shop that could fabricate them. A local shop said they could make them and asked me to draw a sketch with the measurements and they would put a price together for me. After work that day, as I was under the Pod taking measurements Forest River called back.  I told her I was looking for outriggers. She said they do have some in stock but asked if I had any pictures showing the problem and if the floor was sagging inside. I told her yes and yes and that it looked like there were signs of water penetration at the wall and floor, next to the cubby under the fridge. She said, "it sounds like we may have to have you bring your trailer in so we can take care of this". I asked her if FR was trying to make things right with this problem, and she said, yes. She asked me to email her with pictures and she would get back with me. As I am typing this, FR emailed me asking for the last seven numbers of my VIN. I really hope they can fix the problem. Just thought this info may help others.

I'll keep you posted
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 10:06am
Hi CM,

We got a set of outriggers for our 179 from this company. They shipped them to us in a few days:

Innovative Machine & Supply 
Phone 
          636-600-1171 
          636-600-1181 
Address 
          345 Sun Valley Cir Fenton, MO 63026-4693

Links 
https://www.innomach.com Notes 

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Cookie Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cookie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 12:35pm
Thanks GG, I’ll keep that info in mind. I’m hoping that FR will fix it. I really don’t want to mess with this unless I have to. My biggest concern is how badly the floor is bent and the fact that water is penetrating inside.
RoverPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoverPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 5:59pm
Good luck with your situation, although I fail to see how this is a "debacle". It sounds like it's being handled well.
2017 F150 XLT SuperCab
2020 rPod 180
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 7:41pm
A good way to see if you have an active leak is to get a wood moisture meter and test various places where you can press it into the wood in the floor or wall perimeter. Sometimes it's hard to tell visually if things are getting wet until it's obviously discolored or rotted.   The meters are quite inexpensive on Amazon.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cookie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 6:56am
Rover Pod, you're correct saying it's being handled well. I titled that post incorrectly. Maybe I should have titled it "There is hope for the Outrigger Debacle"? 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cookie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 7:03am
Thanks, Off Grid. I have a moisture meter arriving from Amazon today. Years ago, I had to use a moisture for work from time to time. I'm very familiar with water problems. I'm pretty sure there's more damage hidden behind the wall. 
PeterK2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterK2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 12:43pm
I have he same problem with my 2019 190.

Who at FR did you talk to?  Tina?

From what I am told expect this to take year to get resolved.

PeterK2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterK2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 12:47pm
Mind if I ask what the price was?

Originally posted by GlueGuy

Hi CM,

We got a set of outriggers for our 179 from this company.
Innovative Machine & Supply 
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 12:56pm
Has there been any documentation of this being an issue with the smaller 177?  Ours is 11 years old and still in excellent condition, no sag when the slide is out.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>