This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R Pod Outrigger Debacle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterK2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R Pod Outrigger Debacle
    Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 1:01pm
I think the issue is that they went to a bigger slide which added weight but they didn't add any structure to support the extra weight but don't quote me.
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PilotPodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 1:01pm
I did a bunch of research on this issue last fall before fixing my 2017 179. Not a few people commented on the video fix I posted on YT. The feedback seems that this is somewhat isolated to 2016-2019 models.
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
PeterK2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterK2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by PilotPodder

I did a bunch of research on this issue last fall before fixing my 2017 179. Not a few people commented on the video fix I posted on YT. The feedback seems that this is somewhat isolated to 2016-2019 models.

Oh yeah I saw your video when looking for a solution to another issue and then started looking at mine b/c that might explain some oddities that I was seeing in my unit(for example the driver side fender has always been lower and scraping the tire).  I emailed FR using your form letter.  I was however told that the brackets where only preventative.  They sent me to the warranty department which asked for pics which I sent.  I was told they would get back to me once they had a plan in place.  I had to ask multiple times how long it would take to hear back.  Was eventually told 6-8 weeks after also emailing my dealer and RPOD on facebook. 

I'd be glad if they take it back to the factory and fix it...
Cookie Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cookie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 3:36pm
Hey Peterk, I think you asked earlier if I spoke with Tina at FR. I left messages with Rachiel in parts. The nice lady that called me back was Susan. Not real sure what dept she's in. I believe that email Susan sent me asking for pics, copied Rachiel and Tina. Tina (in warranty) was the one that asked for my VIN info. Sounds like she now has the ball and is running with it.

When did you start your process and was that a conversation with Tina regarding the 6-8 weeks, and was the timeline for "we'll get back with you" or what?  Please keep me in the loop.

You also mentioned the brackets (outriggers?) were only preventative. Did FR say what else needs to be done?

I also am hoping they take mine back to FR and fix it

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cookie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 3:38pm
Hey Pilot Podder, I can't see in the pic, but are you John Marucci?
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by PeterK2003

Mind if I ask what the price was?

Originally posted by GlueGuy

Hi CM,

We got a set of outriggers for our 179 from this company.
Innovative Machine & Supply 
I think we paid around $17 or $18 each. I placed 4; one each under the rollers under the slide out. Shipping, tax, title and dealer prep came to a bit over $90 (IIRC).

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterK2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 8:54pm
I started about 2 weeks ago.  6-8 weeks from when they get the info that they want until they formulate the plan.  I have been told by several people not to expect the fix to happen anytime soon...

I don't know what the plan will be.  Since it was so difficult to get a time-frame I figured I had better not ask...  I am not sure what else you can do other than jack the floor up and put more support under it.  Unless they plan to replace the entire floor which seems unlikely.

I am wondering if John and others posted videos and photos of this problem and then people started checking and complaining to FR and they realized they had a much bigger problem than they realized?

Originally posted by Cookie Man

Please keep me in the loop.
kickhead70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kickhead70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 8:28am
I just started my process today requesting an outrigger kit. I have maybe a 1/4” drop as of now. They also requested pics, vin, and tow vehicle info. Following and will post updates.
Wrangler Unlimitied 75th Anniv. Ed.
2017 R-Pod RP180

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterK2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 8:42am
Most likely they are going to put you in the warranty work pipeline and they have no clue when they will be able to fix it.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cookie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 9:20am
I sent my info and pics for my 178 to Tina about a month ago. I reached out to her last week looking for an update. Her response was that they were not scheduling warranty service for 178's just yet but would hope they would be picking up my coach around the end of July and have it for about 4 weeks.

So, it sounds like they schedule the service work my model. I had no idea that they were going to pick up my coach. I'm glad I don't have to drive 5 hours one way to drop it off and another picking it up.

I'll keep you posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>