R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNo Compressor Winterization

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Compressor Winterization
    Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Racer|X|

Nascar lives to "counter-point" any post if you haven't noticed.

Thanks for noticing.  I'm flattered.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Camper Bob

I have been reading all these posts for about a year.  Some people seem to have a very negative attitude about anything and everything.  As the old adage goes, "If the shoe fits, wear it."  It seems to me that quite a few undecided buyers may visit these bulletin boards before making a purchase of an Rpod.  If anyone is selling a used Rpod I would guess some have been turned off from making the purchase, either new or used, as a result sellers may find it more difficult to sell their Rpods.  I am firmly interested to hear constructive criticism, mods, etc. however, think before you post.  Rather than bring a negative attitude here, add a suggestion that will correct any problems that are brought up.   I will get off my soap box now.  Remember, negative comments affect us all.  Safe Travels.

Not sure what you suggesting Bob.  It almost sounds as if you're wanting to hear only the ra-ra and hip horray for FR and the R-POD, but none of the negative.  Yep, that's just want I want to learn when I join a new board...................... all the good and none of the bad.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 8:42pm
Your negativity and disdain for FR and R-pods is easy to notice.  

X
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:14am
Ok there are many different ways to prepare your camper for winter depending on where you live and the tempatures you live in, type of equipment ot tools you already own or want to own.  There are even people that take it the dealers to have done.  Every person needs to decide for themselves how they want to do it as at the end of the winter how well it held is what counts. 
As for Negative comments about Forest River and Rpods I have thrown Forest River under the bus a few times when needed.  They (Forest River) tried to weasle out of the lighting issues on the 2009-early 2011 and had not a rpod owner fought for the repairs it would have been swept under the carpet.  I fought publicly in 2009 about the bad bedding they placed in the campers and they did replace mine, Stabalizers not being installed on the front (they now have them installed) and other design issues and problems.  If I'm coming to a Forum I want to know BOTH whats good and bad.  Yes I have thought of selling my unit to go get something else (MPG Model) but at the end of the Day I saw they are just as probmatic as the rest of the campers out there.
We all need to remember we are all here for the same reasons- To share our love of camping and the camper units that we may have now or had or plan to have. 

With that said I'm looking to try to plan a Camping Trip in January again at French Creek State Park in PA.  Any one want to join us?

this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 7:38am
I'm hoping to go at least one more month before winterizing the Pod.  The Jayco comes home this weekend and will probably get winterized in the next week or two.  We intend to continue to use the Pod for the next 4-6 weeks if the weather cooperates.  I feel bad for you guys that are already having snow and freezing temps.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
bc matell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:44pm
OK after reading all the above posts, WHERE is the pump?? Under the bed or sink?  On a 2011 rp 177. Have read diff locations. 
Paige View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:21pm
Thank you Sean for posting those photos. We brought the iPad into the RPod and followed your post step by step. We have owned RVs before and each one is different in some aspect when it comes to winterizing. I was amazed that in order to get to the water pump and heater, we had to unscrew the plywood under the mattress. So along with winterizing our Pod, we also modified the underlying plywood to make it easier next year.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
RPodWeGo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 11:55pm
Thank you Seani and all of the other members for posting the many things you do, so us who do not have trailer/rv experience can learn from those who have "been there/done that".  With step by step instructions it helps us.  Now that y'all hashed out winterization......and our trailers are stowed for the winter in those winter states ..... and I read and chuckle through the various posts ...  We need something else to discuss .... Hmmmmmmm .....Who's voting for who and why .... Only kidding!!!!
RPodWeGo
RPod 177
04 v8 Toyota 4Runner
RPodWeGo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:03am
Bc Matell: This I can answer as I just went through this last weekend with my 2012 177.   Pump is under bed and there is NOT a bypass valve with a loose hose to suck anti-freeze out of the jug.  Something FRshould rectify at the minimum by sending those owners a hose, a valve, a few clamps and some instructions. Back to what you need to do, search bypass or bypass valve. My spring project will add either the valve FR sends me or the one I pick up at Home Depot or Amazon.com. Either way it is a mod a 2012 177 needs. 

NEVER MIND, you have a 2011 and I believe you have valve and hose. To locate pump... Turn it on and listen....
RPodWeGo
RPod 177
04 v8 Toyota 4Runner
Hayduke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 1:22am
Little Sweat Pea Pod:

Just did the winterizing thing today on our 2012 177 HRE.  I was also very disappointed to spend so much time searching for the pickup line to find we don't have one.  Keep us up to date on whether you can talk FR into sending you one!
2012 177 HRE
2017 Tacoma Double Cab
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>