This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHi from WA...Price?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from WA...Price?
    Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 9:31pm
Couch's is only 2350 miles from my driveway.  I'll buy locally, at least willing to drive 295 miles. Wink
Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Boomertype

When I saw the Couch's RV listing today, I went to their website.  For some reason I thought they were in Portland, OR, nope, Ohio.  The had a really good price on a 178, but listed they wouldn't list the real price.  So I filled out the paperwork, not much and I immediately received a price in my email.  The price was $13,670 picked up in Ohio. In 10 minutes their was followup email from a sales guy.  I let him know I was a bit too far away.  He replied within 2 minutes that he would ship it.  I responded with my zip code and the shipping was $3200.  Their website clearly state they are a wholesale distributer.  Their prices are great if you don't have to drive3/4's the way across the country.
But the $13,670 is definitely the price I will start dickering with when I buy our 178 this summer.
 Isn't summer time when rv's are at their busiest season not much dickering at that time.
                  Moe
Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

Boomertype View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Craneman

When I saw the Couch's RV listing today, I went to their website.  For some reason I thought they were in Portland, OR, nope, Ohio.  The had a really good price on a 178, but listed they wouldn't list the real price.  So I filled out the paperwork, not much and I immediately received a price in my email.  The price was $13,670 picked up in Ohio. In 10 minutes their was followup email from a sales guy.  I let him know I was a bit too far away.  He replied within 2 minutes that he would ship it.  I responded with my zip code and the shipping was $3200.  Their website clearly state they are a wholesale distributer.  Their prices are great if you don't have to drive3/4's the way across the country.
But the $13,670 is definitely the price I will start dickering with when I buy our 178 this summer.
 Isn't summer time when rv's are at their busiest season not much dickering at that time.
                  Moe

I've been told that summer is actually a good time, people usually buy to use them during the summer and are out camping during that period and not buying RVs.  
The best time to buy is when you are able to, right now's not the right time for me.  It will be during the summer.  So July/August will have to work for me.Wink
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:13am
Thanks for all the replies...

I did get a quote from Couch's. I am glad I was sitting down. Although the Rpod 177 was not a Hood River Edition, it had everything we wanted and more, $13,360.

Now I am wandering if I can buy it from them and get factory delivery at The Dalles factory. I understand that the Hood River Edition is only available at that factory.

I got your PM Boomertype and I will be in touch.

Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:35am

Originally posted by Craneman

Moe

I've been told that summer is actually a good time, people usually buy to use them during the summer and are out camping during that period and not buying RVs.  
The best time to buy is when you are able to, right now's not the right time for me.  It will be during the summer.  So July/August will have to work for me.Wink

10-4 on the right time, we were looking last may at new one at the local FR dealer and they were the one that told us that and they wouldn't budge on a new r pod so we bought a used one from private owner. Good luck, maybe see you at the NW round up in charleston Or

Moe
Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 1:42pm

Couch's is only 2350 miles from my driveway.  I'll buy locally, at least willing to drive 295 miles. Wink

That means that for less than $800 in gas money, you can save $3-5000 on a pod, AND get to throw in a cross country vacation to boot.

This is assuming you get 15 or so mpg on the way out an 10 or so coming back.. (have no clue what you are going to tow with.)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:46pm
I got an email from Couch's today and they said they don't do factory delivery. Because they are a mid west dealer they can't get the Hood River Edition. They also stated that the Rpod must come to the selling dealer for a PDI to activate the warranty. PDI = pre or post dealer inspection?

Is it even possible to do a factory delivery? Has anyone ever done one?

Thanks for all the information. Smile
Boomertype View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:53pm
Cap'n - I've seen posts by people wanting to take delivery, but haven't seen anyone say they actually have done it.
PB&J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 3:03pm

$16,900 was the best price I could get in Upland CA on a 178 from the excessively up-tight sales lady.

Would not budge an inch on the “price today” despite wanting to also get the R-Dome, batteries, LP Tank, and other randoms that go with a first purchase. 

Upland CA and Temecula RPOD dealers are the same owner, btw.

Found on on RVTrader.com all setup and ready to go for $15,000 - Felt like both sides did well enough on this price.  This statement assumes I could not go pick one up in Texas and hadn't the imagination to think of having it shipped to me.  (Dammit!)

Good Luck.

PB & J
2013 178 RPod behind a 2010 Tacoma TRD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 12:16am
I will be picking up our new 177 Rpod on Saturday. I probably pay a little to much, but we got everything we wanted. All the whistles and bells except for the Rdome and bike rack. It also comes with two batteries and a full tank of propane.

We did not want the Rdome yet. I want to see if I would really use it or would it just be stored. Our tent trailer has a awning which rides everywhere the trailer goes and I have set it up maybe twice. I may work on making some kind of Rpod awning. I am just not sure about needing a room. As far as the bike rack I can easily weld one up.

Lydia at Blue Dog RV was great and we will meet her on Saturday. She did not push me at all. Just gave me the information I wanted. There is no factory pick up, so that answers that question.

I know, bottom line. Lydia priced the 177 at $15,400. I offered $14,500. They said sold the next day. I probably could have gone lower, but they need to make a living too. I was hoping to get below 15K.

I will let you know how the delivery works out.

Thanks,

Cary Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>