R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Awning Concept

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tony9704 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Awning Concept
    Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 6:42pm
Options are good.  I like the dome, but it is not without its drawbacks.  Installation can be tedious especially using those suction clips, and they don't seal well.  But, it mostly keeps the bugs out and makes a good mud room.  I'm sure I'll get better at setting it up with more practice.  It would be nice if there were other aftermarket "dome" options out there though.  Can't wait to see the new product!

Only in America, Where the machinery of capitalism is lubed by the blood of the worker
-Homer Simpson
WQArmy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 5:50pm
I know that there are not a bunch of Awning options for the RPod outside of the R-Dome or making one yourself.   I am currently working with Paha Que Wilderness Camping Tents and Shelters and they are building me an awning  for the R-Pod.  I will be beta testing it once i receive it in about 30 days.  I will post pictures here once i have it up.  Once tested this will give R-Pod owners another option for awnings.   Paha Que Wilderness Camping Tents and Shelters currently has the visor for the R-Pods.   Can't wait to see how this turns out.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345