R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ouR escaPOD mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 58>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Subzilla View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Subzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ouR escaPOD mods
    Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:50am
Never mind the axle explanation....just found the other post about that....
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Subzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Subzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:47am
Where was it leaking on the slide?  And why?  I may have missed a previous post.
And what is going on with your brake/axle stuff?
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:27am
Our R-Pod has been at the dealer's for evaluation of the axle, brake issues, and to solve a leak at the slide-out. This is what I received:

Begin quote---------

Estimate for slide leak repairs are around $750 plus tax plus materials to seal it up.

They will remove the exterior slide fascia, the slide gear, track, motor and butyl then scrape off all the old sealant, reinstall butyl, reseal properly then reinstall all the items previously mentioned.  This is a time detailed process which is why there is so much labor involved and we want to make sure it is done correctly.

End quote----------

On top of this are a new brake drum, new brakes, seals, and bearings. I am still waiting for word on the axle. Measurements were sent to LCI, but I have not heard back as to whether it will require an axle replacement.

All in all, this trip to the dealer will be very expensive. So far, I estimate about $2K, most of which is labor. If a new axle is determined to be needed, that will be on top of this.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 1:39pm

V

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 10:00am
StephenH 

Makes sense thanks for the quick reply, now I just have to do it, trailer is in storage.

Jay
Jay

179/2019
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:31am
In a sense, it is self-grounding. The current goes to one igniter and jumps to the burner. Then  the current goes through the stove's body to the other burner and jumps to the other igniter. Then it travels along the wiring back to the piezoelectric's second contact. The battery operated module I put in works similarly. Only on that one, I had to use a short jumper wire between the second set of contacts.
My R-Pod is not here right now so I can't run out and check it.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:05am
I am a newbie and making some mods before we go to New Mexico for spring boondocking, it's a little cold right now up here in Michigan.  I have been wanting to install igniters for the stove and you and SH have been very helpful but a couple of questions does the piezoelectric push button have two contacts for both the electrodes that need to be installed and do you have to ground both burners or can you just get away with grounding the stove's pan for both burners?  Just trying to get my parts list in order before I start. 

Thanks for sharing your ideas
Jay
Jay

179/2019
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by StephenH

Originally posted by Ben Herman

Stephen - do you happen to have model info on the faucet that you installed? Tried finding one like that to no avail.
The one I have is by VAPSINT. I ordered it from Amazon, but it is currently unavailable and has been for some time. You may want to take a look at this one by Aberdeen or this one by Kraus. I have not found one like it either.

THX!
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by DavMar

Stephen for the very same reasons why you decided to upgrade your rear suspension on your truck and the product you selected to do this SumoSprings I too did the same some time ago and have been very pleased ever since. The only difference with my installation and yours is I believe I installed the heavier duty Black 47 model SumoSprings. Probably overkill on my part but still all in all very pleased with the results.

My driving since I installed them included one street near me with speed humps. I definitely notice an improvement. I debated going with the heavier black SumoSprings. I guess I could upgrade them if I want to do so since it would only be changing out the urethane springs as I would think the mounting bracket would be the same. I have not towed with it yet, but will be doing so very soon.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Ben Herman

Stephen - do you happen to have model info on the faucet that you installed? Tried finding one like that to no avail.
The one I have is by VAPSINT. I ordered it from Amazon, but it is currently unavailable and has been for some time. You may want to take a look at this one by Aberdeen or this one by Kraus. I have not found one like it either.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 58>