R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ouR escaPOD mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 58>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ouR escaPOD mods
    Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:21pm
With the anticipated repairs to our escaPOD from this winter's wreck (see "I wrecked our escaPOD"), I will have a chance to do some of my mods over again. This time, I will have the benefit of experience so the mods should go faster and turn out better. Big smile
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
laureyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laureyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 7:32pm
Sorry but what where is the rear spoiler ?

Love your forum!
Laurey, Bella and Bogie
2016 182g Rpod
2016 Toyota Highlander
"Peace in a Pod"
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 7:50pm
The rear spoiler is the black plastic piece running across the back where the roof curves down toward the back. There are three running lights contained in it. On our 2016 R-Pod 179, it is curved. The newer models have one that is straight across the width of the R-Pod.

Thank you. Posting the mods was almost as much fun as doing them.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
texman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote texman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 11:00am
Stephen

are your lights over the sink battery powered or 12volt from Pod?
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 4:23pm
They are battery operated. There is a nice remote with the light that was, and will be again once repairs are done, next to the door.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
texman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote texman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 7:55pm
Do the batteries last very long?
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 9:54pm
I had put them in before our ill-fated trip out west and used them some. We made the trip and in preparation for our 'Pod going to the factory, removed the light. I was still on the original set of batteries. We don't have it on all the time. The wired lighting is for general use. The battery light is for when we arrive and it is dark. I can turn them on with the remote. When the other lights are on, it gets turned off. It also gets used while working in the kitchen area, particularly when doing dishes to provide that extra light that the two ceiling lights just are not capable of providing. After the work is done, they get turned off.

Unfortunately, I can't say how many hours I have used them so far. I can say that the batteries do seem to last quite a long time when used intermittently. I would not use them in a situation where they were the only source of light that had to be on for hours. While the manufacturer does not provide a way to connect them in to wired 12V power, I think it could be done by modifying the light. However, from everything I can understand, six AAA cells would yield 9V max.

I just took the unit out of the container where I have it stored, and the light still is working. It does seem dimmer now than when I had it installed. I had forgotten to take the batteries out. To prevent battery leaks, I removed them and will replace them with fresh batteries when I get ready to remount it.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 6:34pm
Now that we have our escaPOD home, I am reinstalling some of my previous modifications. However, I am modifying my modifications some. Hopefully, I will be able to post a picture or two.

The Trailer Tray was just not quite right before, so I decided to move it a little. I mounted the rear brackets with the bolts straddling the angle iron that holds the batteries (the one closest to the body of the 'Pod). I am much more pleased with the result, as it sits better and there is a little more space between the rack and the front of the 'Pod. However, by doing so, it interfered with the door of the sewage hose holder. My solution: relocate the holder to the underside of the Trailer Tray. I had to modify the one bracket on the side of the Trailer Tray to create a notch for the door to work. I don't think I lost any support. I just eliminated any possibility of lowering the tray in the future. I would not have done so anyway since I need to get to the propane tank underneath it anyway.

https://goo.gl/photos/qnEAeftdtBqM8zx17

Sorry, I still can't post a photo from Google Photos. However, the link will get you to the picture.

StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
fwunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 7:09pm
Nicely done Stephen. Just for grins, let's try this:

The embedded code I used was:

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 7:30pm
Okay. Let me try with a different photo.

It looks like the image size is the key. I tried using 640x360, and it is apparently too large to work. The 523x294 does.

Edit: The picture was there, but when I looked this morning, it was gone. I am trying again with another photo in its place.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 58>