R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 77>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 10:51pm
Look into the rubberized cabinet mats to go under your cedar bathroom floor.  That should take out the squeak.  
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
ilthyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ilthyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 3:19pm
Thanks, Techntrek

We have tried that, but little change. I have to figure out why the bathroom floor creaks. It may be the curved edges of the cedar slat floor are not equally pressing on the shower floor. The cedar itself does not squeak when removed and stepped on.
TrinityTurret View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote TrinityTurret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:36pm
DIANE!!! How did you install that safety handle...and can one be put on the door???
There's only one way...
TrinityTurret View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote TrinityTurret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:50pm
May I ask what kind of screws do you use to attach that wire shelf in your bathroom?
There's only one way...
ilthyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ilthyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 10:30am
Thanks for the tips on the squeaky shower floor. I cut up an old  rubber air mattress and put it between the cedar slats and the floor and it works real fine.
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 10:14pm
Here are my rpod mods since we became the new used owners of a 09 151

Straightened out the wiring in the hot water heater/ main power distribution box
put insulating foam around the water lines to quiet down the water pump and rotated
the filter so it would not rub the floor.
Sealed off the air leaks
used spray foam around all the cut outs of doors, water lines and propane lines to add a better
insulated trailer
removed the dvd,tv radio combo and antenna
removed the microwave, since we dry camp this was a 50 pound boat anchor for us
added storage where the microwave used to be
removed a 110 out let and installed a 12 volt outlet
scraped the paint between the main ground points( where the battery negative wire is connected
to the frame and where the ground wire from the frame that runs to the main power fuse block.
insulated and installed car heating pads(ebay) and wired in to main fuse panel.
added a 400 watt inverter to run stuff
added a 2 outlet 12 volt/usb  to charge the phones, etc
next is to relegate the 22 pound table to the trash and make a light weight old school post style table

enjoy the fresh air
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 10:08pm
Are the heating pads on your water tanks?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 11:30am
I used these heat seating pads
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Carbon-Fiber-Heater-Installation/dp/B002QYAL2U

and glued the dense pink r30 foam over them along with foil tape. They take some power so
I upgraded the battery. Luckily one of motorcycle suppliers carriers the Deka battery. So the tongue weight is now a bit more with a group 31 battery but only running one propane tank since that is all we need for a 2 or 3 day trip.
Also since check the ground attach points on the frame, they did not remove the paint and
there was a bad voltage drop between the battery and the main power distribution box.

enjoy the fresh air
sailo25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailo25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 6:17pm
Did you leave the A/C on the roof, I am thinking of removing mine and wandering if you have considered this. I also removed my micro and am considering removing the entertainment center and adding a auto am/fm cd player. I am trying to lower the wind resistance.
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 10:58pm
No AC needed here in Idaho, we can escape the heat in an 1-2 hour drive. So the used 151 pod did not have AC when we bought it last month.
enjoy the fresh air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 77>