R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 31 May 2015 at 6:10pm
Got it

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:37pm
You would think the camper manufacturers would figure out the easy ways to increase storage - and then advertise "10% more storage than last year", etc.  Would be a good selling point.

My uncle lives in Placitas.  We were out there 2 summers ago.  
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Falcmerlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Falcmerlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:44am

MODS advice:  New Rpoder off road: Sewer pipe, has anyone else found that the sewer pipe is in a bad place.  Mine has already broke, any reconmendations of where to put a new one.  Already putting the spare tire in the front along with a double battery and double propane tank.

Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:51am
Welcome to the group!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Backpacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Backpacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:55am
You can put a storage tube anywhere under the frame of the R-Pod. I have put three 60" in already. You will need a small extension to accommodate the length. I used a perforated plate, 4" x 6" for lumber reinforcement and fastened it with self tapping metal screws. Now I have two 10' hoses plus a 15' hose in addition to the crappy one that came with the TT.
Gary
Tbslants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tbslants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 7:22pm
Nice Mods.

I add the same shelf to my 179...really makes the space more usable.
scentralmt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote scentralmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 6:15pm
We have a 177 and the clothes hanger over the bed was to low even after moving it  higher.  I removed it and got a closet rod to go the full width of the trailer.  Now the clothes are up out of the way.  I also got a six shelf hanging closet organizer, cut it down to three shelves and hung it on the rod.  It can be slid  along with clothes to the foot of the bed and be out of the way.  

i also removed the microwave/convection oven and now use the area for storage.  I put in a removable shelf and slats to prevent things from sliding out.  The door size is 18x24 and I found a black artist canvas on a frame at a craft store.  Used self closing hinges and a black knob.  If you were artistic you could get it in white and paint something on it!

Also at a sewing store I go two foam cushions 18x18x4 and my wife covered them in black.  Since the front wall curves in these move a person out enough to sit length wise on the benches.  I like that for watching a movie.

These projects along with mods I have seen on this forum have greatly increased the functioning and comfort of the pod for us

Curtis
Curtis
2014 177
2001 F150
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tri-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:12pm
wow , that's a Neman Marcus faucet on a wal mart sink. Looks good. Great improvement.
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
mcclurey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcclurey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 9:43pm
Here's my solution for fixing slipping wing dinette cushions on our 179.  Photos attached.  Buy some heavier duty shelf liner.  I bought black.  Cut to fit outline of cushion and just a little smaller.  Apply 3M Super 77 Pray Contact Adhesive to liner and bottom of cushion.  Let set for 1 minute to get nice and tacky.  Apply liner to bottom of seat cushion and let cure for 30 minutes.  My advice is to only buy the 3 M product as it is clear and will not soak into the material.  You want it to stay on top of fabric so you get good adhesion.  Other brands are colored and will soak into fabric so you have to put on multiple coats to get a good layer of tacky finish.  One even coat of the 3M product will be sufficient.  
Missouri Matt

CFWARREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CFWARREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 10:36pm
I thought about doing the same thing, only using those rug gripper thingys, cut to fit the size of the cushion, but not attached to the cushion itself.
2016 179 - Hood River Edition
2008 Nissan Xterra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 77>