R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 77>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Debster1955 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Debster1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:39am
How did you mount the spice rack and the shelf over the bed. The walls are really thin.
Alaskaflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alaskaflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:16pm
I finished installing two cubbyholes in my underseat storage. We found it is most crowded inside at bedtime, when we are using all the berth space and want access to our bags without lifting the top of the benches. Nice to stuff bags and sundries through these instead. Used simple 'stain-able' 1/2 inch outside corner moulding to finish the edges. Will stain the finish work when I get around to it.

Photo of the DC socket I installed a little while ago. I wanted it in the entertainment center to plug in our mounted TV while boondocking, using a small fist-sized inverter, and to have a shelf for our phones while charging.

Jonknite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:51am
Rain tested with a hose and it was good. Taking it for a week up on Cedar Mesa in Utah next week, plenty of rough dirt roads and slickrock. I'll report back.
kkomorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kkomorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:29am
Jonknite - have you been on the road with the Pod with the new window yet? Any issues?

Rain tested yet?

Thanks!

KK
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 11:08am
Glass mat batteries inside small aircraft are very common. They do have a small vent line though.  The price of lithium batteries is almost cost effective. Another year or so hopefully they will be. The weight savings and ability to run down 95% without damaging the battery is nice.
enjoy the fresh air
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 8:30pm
Should come off pretty easy.  Any residue can be removed.

My uncle lives in Placitas.  We were through the area last summer.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
scott59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 3:49pm
Oh, I thought they were fairly easy to peel off. I peeled off some side logos...can't stand the frog. But that's in a different place. I love that new window, showed it to my husband. Tell me how it stands over time. Thanks.
Jonknite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 3:42pm
No reason other than I didn't know what it would look like if I tried to get it off. 
scott59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 2:58pm
Is there a reason why the rpod logo was left on when the new window was put in?
Jonknite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 2:42pm
Shelpod, I liked your idea of making the window cover out of the cut out section. I added a 1/4" plywood backing and glued some EPDM tubing around the edge. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 77>