R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HappyCampers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 11:59am
BendPod,  

The curtains are great! Are the rods tension rods, or are they attached?  If attached, how/where?
Thanks!
BendPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BendPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 3:10pm
Hi Happy Campers - the rods are universal track curtain rods from Country Curtains: http://www.countrycurtains.com/product/0303r843+universal+track+rod+set.do

They have brackets for the rods that attach to where you mount it. The rods also have built in hooks that slide on the rods. Nice set-up and very sturdy.
bhamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:20pm
I've seen this one on here before and decided to try it myself. I converted the front half of the enclosed bench of my 171 into a storage area. Here are the pics:

Before:

Middle

After (with the lid removed):

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:38pm
Odd, what year is your 171?  Mine came that way.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
bhamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 1:32am
It's a 2011. It seemed dumb that they didn't build it like that from the factory since there was so much unused space... maybe a cost saving measure? Beats me...

I found the other post that inspired me (furpod about 2/3 down the page):

Paige View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 10:45am
We did this mod also and that extra space is where we store the cover to the pod.  The electrical smaller place we use for any electrical items such as our lights that we put on the rdome.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
PeppyPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeppyPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 3:43pm
Here are our first Mod and decorations :)
You may notice that we attempted Command Strips for the kitchen organizer.  After we put it up, we realized that the velcro probably will not hold. So we are going to hang with screws.  My husband is searching for his stud finder.  Anyone have luck with finding a stud?  Anyone else use command strips?

PeppyPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeppyPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 3:49pm
Pillows from IKEA

francoisfrogpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote francoisfrogpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 3:49pm
I use command strips all the time to hang things in the pod, but I haven't used them on anything heavy. The only thing they did not hold were some wooden spice racks from Ikea. DH had to use very short screws to hang them. We hung them just above the window valances.
Denny and Linda

2013 Pod 177
'08 Santa Fe
P&M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote P&M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 3:57pm
I have used a lot of Command Strips for smaller items, and have used the 3M Double-Stick tape for heavier items. Holds like crazy and comes in various "strengths" ... can be found in pretty much any hardware store.
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 77>