R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Poders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 27 May 2013 at 9:01am
Awesome graphicsThumbs Up
Randy and Anne
2011 R-Pod 182G
2009 Highlander V6 AWD
TRICERA-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote TRICERA-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 3:06pm
Here are some photo's of a mod I made this week. New storage space above the bed.
Removed the TV/DVD/Radio above bed. Replaced with 1/4 birch plywood, framed it out and installed slider type doors. I left the electrical outlet so we can charge phones and other electronics', I drilled a hole in the plywood so a cable can run up to the outlet. I will be building a shelf under the storage compartment soon to hold these items. I guess all the woodworking equipment I have came in handy after all.

Carl & Sandee              2013 R 177               2012 Titan
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 7:07pm
Very nice use of the space.
2Poders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Poders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 8:39am
Great way to use the space. We could use more storage
Randy and Anne
2011 R-Pod 182G
2009 Highlander V6 AWD
Zag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 6:59pm
My first (of many) mods on my Pod.

The link on Ebay to buy a custom decal is: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180679160933?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619.
2009 RP-152 (Cutie-Pod)
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
gasman50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gasman50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:49pm
Hello everyone. A newby here, and two months ago I got a new rpod 178. The wife and I love it. One problem was no music. My Flagstaff A-frame came with a nice radio so I was spoiled. Here's what I did. Got a Kenwood car Stereo, Two Boss speakers a antenna and a power switch all for $100.00, Now the hard part. Making holes in the NEW camper. I had to build a box for the radio so it would come out from wall so it would fit. Not much space behind entertainment center because (Shower is there) took my time running speaker and power wires and it sounds great. one day I might add an outside speaker.er
2014 RPOD 178
Chessies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chessies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 5:48pm
In my quest to make things harder to steal from the R-Pod i have locked the battery case, used a heavy-duty cable on the propane tank, bought matching coupler pin and coupler locks, and installed McGard wheel locks on the wheels. The last easily snatched item was the spare tire. First I installed a locking receiver pin on the spare tire carrier receiver. My spare tire bracket came with two 1/2-in bolts welded to the carrier--one to fit through the top hole of the spare tire, the lower to tighten down a bar across the lower part of the wheel. Regular 1/2-in nuts were used so that the wheel didn't seat well and the lower bracket scratched the wheel. To fix this I first cut out the bolts, replaced the upper one with a 1/2x20 wheel stud (the same size as the axle studs). Next I welded a short piece of angle iron across the lower bracket and drilled holes to weld new 1/2x20 studs to fit two lower wheel holes. I then installed the spare with one of the McGard wheel locks and two spare nuts. Hopefully the photos explain what I'm trying to describe (please excuse my ugly welds). At any rate, someone may steal the whole trailer but at least casual theft of component parts is discouraged. 

Jim & Christine
Buddy & Dougal the Brown Dogs
R-Pod 171 (2013 Hood River Edition)
2004 Toyota Tundra
Zag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 7:24pm
Here's my over the stove top solution. It's made of scrap 3/4" plywood counter top that I got free from a local cabinet manufacturers junk pile, some pine and a set of rubber foot stoppers. All said and done, less than $10 to make.

Followed the suggested dimension of 16x20x2 and pretty satisfied with the results. The other side is white laminate. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to hang it to the side of the counter when I'm using the stove. Any suggestions?

2009 RP-152 (Cutie-Pod)
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 12:08pm
Latest mod was to move the TV to a spot it's actually viewable while in bed. This is the only place we watch TV from/in, if we watch TV. In the stock mounting location, it's way to close to you, and it can't actually be tilted to view well. So I removed it from the bottom of the center head bumper cabinet (though we have never bumped into it, many report doing so...)

Hung some cleats on the side of the shower enclosure and rear ceiling, cut a shelf and added a lip, placed a 120v outlet left over from the iPad charger mod to the shower wall, taping into the power running down to the outside outlet. The shelf is also supported by the valance, which I remounted to make sure it was firm and screwed into the aluminum framing studs of the outside wall.

Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:10pm
Nice work!  Just curious, but was there a wood cross member in the ceiling where you anchored the cleat?  I do like the location.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 77>