R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 10:03am

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001690/3177/Folding-Shelf-Bracket-12-Pair.aspx?keyword=&refcode=10INGOPB&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CPOfrujK2L0CFRQS7Aodjw0AsQ

$15.99 + shipping for a pair

correct, just be aware they do have a very slight downward tilt in the raised position

Keenan, Kathryn, Millie, Rio & Cali (2015 r pod 179)
Poddy by Nature
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 10:04am
just dont sit on it! Smile
Poddy by Nature
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 10:09am
Really like the idea of removing the table frame/legs. I guess you could add a single "strutt" on a hinge that braced the table while in the upright position ??

Thanks again for the info. We have a 177. Not sure what the frame structure is up front where you have the brackets mounted. Did you use a stud finder ?

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 11:17am
We are toying with the idea of adding a single swing out hinge for extra support.

There is structure where he attached the bottom wood strips and along the top from side to side, just not sure how the internal attaches to the sides structures. Seems sturdy. We'll try it awhile and see how it does. May need more.

The table was cut shorter which makes it nicer getting in & out of the booth seating. Used spare piece to make the sink side fold up table
Poddy by Nature
ilthyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ilthyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 11:45am
Brilliant solution to the table, which is a pain in the rear bumper. Ours has the fold-down legs which are not only flimsy but hard to deploy. I think you  have solved my problem. I am interested in the stud question posed by someone else for securing the attachment points.

I built a wooden frame with a cutting board top to go over our stove top. This increases work area and is loose, so easily removed. It has to be off for travelling otherwise it winds up on the floor. It may be a little more practical than the hinge top someone showed.

i would also like to resurrect my problem from last Fall, now the snow is melting up here. My furnace always starts initially, but rarely comes on when the trailer cools off and the thermostat demands heat. We have heard a slight buzz from the furnace which suggest to me that there is a sticky relay. Anybody have an opinion?
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cap-n-Cray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 1:18pm
Keenan,

You are not going to use the dinette as a bed?
Cary
2014 RP-177
Scoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 6:29pm
Added a fantastic vent ultra breeze cover with bug screen. Now the vent can stay open in foul weather. I might add that the people at the manufacturer are the best, as I needed a replacement part!!!

"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm." Publilius Syrus

2015 GMC 1500
2014 182g
2009 Harley FXSTB
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 6:42pm
We can still use the dinette as a bed. If we plan on having company We have a thick piece of plywood that will extend across both seats with table folded down. It would only be kids using it
Poddy by Nature
ilthyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ilthyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:17am
A question on your table mod:

Can you tell me, please, when the table is folded down, what is the horizontal measurement from the wall to the table top surface?

I am asking because we load my wife's (heavy) electric bike in the table area and the dimensions are tight. If the table sticks out too far then we cannot copy your excellent example. FYI, the bike rear wheel is secured in a channel mounted on a plywood sheet and then the bike is secured with tie-downs from under the seats. Inverted, the plywood base then becomes an outside table, mounted atop the wheel mudguard. A step stool is used for legs.
Thanks, ilthyn
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:59am
When folded down, the measurement is 2 inches.
Poddy by Nature
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 77>