R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:11am
A BIG Thank You to Scoul.
Ordered on line from Home Depot. The people at Home Depot, or the ones I talked to didn't have any idea, but its an on line item only,
At least here in San Diego.
Wow, great help again.
Thank You
ANGCHIEF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ANGCHIEF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 8:24pm
The double stick tape holds the mirror solidly? Bought a small mirror from Target, I think it's to use in the shower. Anyway, too small and a little bit of a carnival mirror! Anyway, looking for something bigger, but not ready for a full-length mirror. Kinda looking for a smaller, half-size mirror. Still looking!

Love all the mods!
Jan and Dean
2014 178
Hairy Podders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hairy Podders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 10:43pm
The bride put a full length mirror on the bathroom door of our 178 with command strips, It seems be mounted very solidly.
Darryl, Julie & Lindsey
Cooper & Libby- Devoted Canines
2014 RP178
2006 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by ANGCHIEF

The double stick tape holds the mirror solidly? Bought a small mirror from Target, I think it's to use in the shower. Anyway, too small and a little bit of a carnival mirror! Anyway, looking for something bigger, but not ready for a full-length mirror. Kinda looking for a smaller, half-size mirror. Still looking!

Love all the mods!

We have one about 18x18.. been on the bath door for 4 years now, double sided tape.
retireclose View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote retireclose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:33pm
A few Mods:
Bedroom Curtain

Spice Rack

12v usb and cigar ports

Cutting board over gas burners

Bathroom hooks to hold shower bag, etc.

Key and hat rack

New shower head

Sewer hose holder, holds two 10 sections and plastic joint.  I left the old sewer hose in the original holder for dump station purposes.

Gary and Jill Winters
Bella Golden Retriever
2014 Silverado 1500
2015 R-Pod 179 -(SOLD)
LotusBlossom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LotusBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 7:23pm
The curtain in the back window is a pain with those little plastic tracks.  Has anyone replaced this and if so how or with what?

Thanks!

2009 Chevy Trailblazer 

2013 RP 176 
2 kids and a dog
CharlieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CharlieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 8:04pm

I had the same issues with the curtain. Two problems: The screws used to install the tracks are too large and improperly placed so the curtains do not slide easily. Secondly the tracks are too short so they block half the window when pulled open. I fixed both problems by replacing the track with two 3 foot strips on top and two on bottom, to provide two 6 foot tracks. The original slides and curtains were used. Installing the tracks with #4 screws outside the slide slots made the curtain slide properly. The extra length allowed full view of the window.

This is the best picture I have:

The track is similar to:
http://www.rvdesigner.com/prodview.asp?ci=2&pi=88
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 8:09pm
before

after
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

ToddLat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ToddLat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 9:15pm
Changed out the toilet with a more residential type. Much more comfortable now and do not have to reach over the toilet to flush it.

Side by Side

Todd and Beth
2013 RP 176 T
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 10:42am
I like it.  How much was the new toilet?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 77>