R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote J&Jcf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 6:33pm
       Thanks poster but l do not have that first icon on my board as you show.when l hit icon that is pictures with arrow it takes me to choose file page but no way to get to pictures file on my tablet. It comes up error no way to get to servor. I am not to computer savvy. Oh well!
J. - 2011 rpod 171
Podster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Podster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by J&Jcf

Thanks poster but l do not have that first icon on my board as you show.when l hit icon that is pictures with arrow it takes me to choose file page but no way to get to pictures file on my tablet. It comes up error no way to get to servor. I am not to computer savvy. Oh well!

Posting pics here is a challenge, a little counter intuitive...please keep trying. Since we don't have attachment space for docs, the pics really help sometime with problem solving and reference. 

You may have to save the pic to a known folder on your tablet and browse to it, it sounds like the forum editor is not seeing them. Please, don't give up!

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
J&Jcf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote J&Jcf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 7:07pm
I will keep playing with it thanks for info. I did go to desk top format and now have icon/page that you showed . will see if it will pull up files. It will not pull files from tablet like other forums do. Thanks again.

J.
J. - 2011 rpod 171
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 11:39pm
I'm going to add a few separate posts, with pictures, of mods I've done. They're pretty much my version of mods others have done, but the pictures may be of use to some.

This first one is flexible curtain track I've added to create privacy sections in our 178. Basically it allows the queen bed and the kitchen area to be cordoned off for privacy when changing or using the shower. I can basically divide the Pod into 3rds. This is really nice when someone is showering and needs to towel-off and change outside the shower while others are using the table area, or still sleeping in the queen bed.

I started by getting some flexible track, it was this exact brand but a two shorter, 6ft versions.

I cut it to length, did a mod to add a magnet to both ends to hold the curtains in place when fully extended, and installed into the roof.

I found some bedsheets for cheap on eBay in the style my DW and kids like and created curtains by installing grommets and hooks. The curtains can easily be removed if not needed on a trip, or just slid to one side or the other.

The one near the bed didn't require much flexing. It runs straight from the left of the kitchen slide out and then bends slightly around the shower.

To the right of the kitchen slide this one required some finesse to get around the air conditioning and light fixtures. 

The 178 club
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 11:43pm
Here's some photos of the almost-before and after of the mod to open up storage access under the kitchen sink in the 178. I highly recommend taking the time to reroute the wiring and plumbing found in this area. It triples the available area by my estimation.

The 178 club
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 11:47pm
This is a redo of the panels that hold in the seat cushions. The originals are flimsy and one of mine snapped in half. My DW if quite happy with this change-out.

I lowered the position of the replacement a bit so that if you're sitting with your legs toward the inside of the trailer, as opposed to directly under the table, it doesn't put pressure on the bottom on your legs, but it still holds the cushions in place.

The 178 club
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 11:50pm
This one was requested by the DW. These are foldable drink-holders. We like to play card games and dice games at the table, which doesn't have a lot of room. It makes having a beverage more cumbersome. So I installed four of these around the table area to hold drinks when the table is being used for something beside eating.

The 178 club
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 11:57pm
Here you'll see pretty standard metal shower racks, a recessed water-proof toilet roll holder, the shower sink removed mod, and the shower head Oxygenics replacement

The 178 club
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:05am
I installed the Morningstar SureSine inverter (not pictured) to the left of the converter, mounted on the wall. I only ran it to the one socket behind the TV and replaced it with this receptacle that also has two 2.1 AMP USB ports. I added the bright red wall plate to denote this socket was different than the rest. I installed the remote shutoff switch next to it so that I can control when it draws from the battery.

To the right of the converter, I installed the pictured battery cutoff switch. It was a tight install, and I like how it turned out, but I had to do some cosmetic repair to the woodwork after I finished squeezing it into place. Wink

The 178 club
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:13am
Lastly, for this go around, I built the sliding drawer for under the bed. To improve on the furnace, I sealed around it and modified it to pull fresh air from the sides/rear (basically under the kitchen area) and force heated air out through this cutout in the drawer. It's actually made a big difference in how quickly the pod heats up because the warm air is being directed out into the Pod instead of circulating longer underneath the bed area.

I also rebuilt both drawers to utilize the full length of the area that was wasted/unused. For the top drawer I also add a divider that raises up the utensil tray and allows for additional storage underneath.

Hopefully these posts/pictures help others. I know the pictures that others post have been invaluable for me in my "idea search" for useful mods. Thanks

The 178 club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 77>