R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote grand beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 8:48pm

Simple stove cover made from scrap.

Spice rack! Im gonna build some of these in larger versions to keep stuff organized on the countertop when traveling.

and my HYW's (hot young wife) favorite.....leash and collar holders!!....lol.....This Pod (grimpod) gives me great fun modifying it too suit our style!!
Tbslants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tbslants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 9:28pm
Hey,

Where did you get the diamond plate tool box?  Also what size?

Thanks,
Tina
Neserk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neserk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 9:27pm
Love the wine rack!  

I keep looking for the "Like" button on these posts.  
2P's-in-a-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2P's-in-a-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:30am
Adding our 2 cents to the shelf over the bed mod.  We got great ideas from this forum.  Thx for the idea of using 3/4" moly bolts and the tip to snip off the bolt's pointed tip.

To support the shelf, we bolted a 1.5" x 1.5" x 1/8" angle x 10" long from Home Depot above the window valence on each side.  Used 5 moly bolts for each angle.  Holes that came with the angle were way too big so we drilled 3/16" holes- 3 across top of angle vertical leg and 2 across the bottom.  The shelf is made using 21/32" edge glued, laminated pine x 12" from Lowe's plus 3/4" x 1.5" pine strips along front and back for strength and to retain bins.  The length of the shelf was made just 1/16" shorter than the inside to inside dimension between bolt heads each side.  The shelf fits snug plus this minimizes the shelf's tendancy to bend the angle's horizontal leg down.

We can fit 5 medium size plastic bins we got from HD.

Also, we added 12 sets of hooks and several small shelves throughout.

Just got the RPod 3 wks ago and going on 2nd trip this w/e to try the shelf & bins out. 
2016 RPod 178
2005 Silverado Crew 5.3L
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:42am
The shelf looks nice. Did you attach the shelf in a way that it won't slide back or forward? I put a bolt on the supports for my shelf and drilled a hole which fits over the bolt to keep the shelf from moving. It has worked well on all of our trips so far. It was the first of the mods I made to our R-Pod with a 12V outlet being the second. I needed it for my CPAP machine.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
2P's-in-a-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2P's-in-a-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:50am
I have not done that yet.  The shelf is pretty snug as is but intend to add positive stops of some kind... sort of like yours.   I'll see how things travel this w/e w/o stops.
2016 RPod 178
2005 Silverado Crew 5.3L
Q7-retired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Q7-retired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 9:00am
I shamelessly stole BagEnd's idea for a water filter, with a couple of twists:
-- I fastened it to a PVC frame with boards I had left over from a recent project. The PVC frame will never rot with water contact.
-- I left off the dog watering faucet, but kept the foot-washing outlet pre-filtering. I added a six foot hose to the outlet to manage the spray.

Likewise, I put this in a plastic bin for carrying and storage.

The two filters (sediment and solid block carbon) are supplemented by a ceramic filter I installed under our sink. Pictures of that installation coming separately when I have better bandwidth than on this camping trip. Like BagEnd, I sourced the filters and pressure regulator from the RV Water Filter Store, who were extremely patient with this nitnoid engineer.

Thanks to BagEnd for a most excellent idea!
Best regards, Jim
2015-RP178
TV 2015 Audi Q7 TDI and 2017 Ford F150
At home in "Our Pod"
Jimandlibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jimandlibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:46pm
We thought that we would like a 12v outlet, at least for charging our electronics.  So we ended up with a device that provides not only a 12 v. power outlet but also two usb charging outlets, and a digital voltmeter.  All for $15.95.  Mounted on the cabinet face to the right of the sink on our 179.  Stole the power from the feed to the slide out motor figuring that we won't be using the slide and the power outlet simultaneously.  All it took was three 1-1/8 in. holes to mount it.
Here is the link to the device:

https://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Lighter-Voltmeter-U-S-Solid/dp/B01AAVMAZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472574007&sr=8-1&keywords=Marine+grade+triple

RPod 179
Tow vehicle Honda Pilot
From Massachusetts
NutPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NutPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:55pm
I Just want to thank all the Podders out here in the R-Pod world for all the nice Ideas and mods that have been done. Star Here are some of those Ideas I put to use.
uploads/5801/20160909_171735.jpg
uploads/5801/20160909_171749.jpg
uploads/5801/20160909_171723.jpg 
uploads/5801/20160909_171712.jpg 
uploads/5801/20160909_170552.jpg 
uploads/5801/20160909_171036.jpg 

Bcmckean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bcmckean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 10:32pm
Are those external speakers you added? If so, I would like to know more... What type did you use and how did you wire them?

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 77>