R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote NutPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 10:37pm
Yes they are external speakers that came with the trailer but in that picture I added the two roof vent covers.
Bcmckean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bcmckean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:11pm
Ok thanks! I may have to get in contact with Forest River to see about purchasing a couple to add to mine since I don't have any.
CLT-NC R-Podder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CLT-NC R-Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 8:08pm
This is our newest "mod" to create additional storage space while we are camping. We removed the factory galley rail above the microwave and added an 8" wide shelf across the entire slide-out.

Joe & Erin
2016 178 towed by 2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4x4
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 8:15pm
Nice work!
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Jonknite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 4:20pm
Third window over the dinette of an R-178

One thing I missed when I upgraded from a pop-up to the R-Pod was the amount of light inside. I added the porthole in the door as many have done, but I wanted more light in the dinette area. I ordered a 12" X 30" RV window and here is the result:

I built a frame out of 1X3's. The rounded corners were cut from 2 X 4's using a bandsaw.

Cut out a hole in Pod the same size as the frame. The bottom of the hole is even with the top of one of the framework members for solid attachment of the frame. The sides were screwed into the next frame member up which was cut after the hole.

Then I used high strength adhesive to add another frame member for screwing in the top of the frame and to give the inner and outer skin some strength.

Screw in the frame and then install the window as per the manufacturers directions. Done!

kkomorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kkomorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 4:53pm
That is just awesome. Seriously. 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:52pm
And FR said it couldn't be done.  I would have loved a window in the front wall in our 171.  Make sure you add a cover on the outside when you tow to protect against road debris.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Bcmckean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bcmckean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:52pm
CLT-NC R-Podder Looks great, what color stain did you use to match the rest of the wood?
CLT-NC R-Podder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CLT-NC R-Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 9:08pm
We took a drawer from the kitchen cabinet, as well as a piece of the wood we were staining, to Sherwin Williams and they matched it. They did a great job!!
Joe & Erin
2016 178 towed by 2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4x4
Bcmckean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bcmckean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 9:31pm
Great, thanks! Looks like they did a good job... and your handy work looks good as well!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 77>