R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dbrimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by fwunder

Nicely done on the mods dbrimm! I have to say I would not be comfortable with flooded cells inside a Pod locker. I spent a few years and more than a few tens of thousands of miles driving boats (yachts) and always had more engine room ventilation than what the Pod affords. Anyway, nice job!

fred

Thanks Fred. When I was installing everything I did briefly consider putting in a small vent either to the outside or under the table but then I put a smoke pencil in there and it was so drafty I decided not to bother.

Also, always nice to meet another boatie! My experience is split pretty evenly between small commercial ships (<200 ton) and yachts. The Pod is our 'land yacht'. Smile
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 6:36pm
Germany, M577A2, wintertime going down the Autobahn with boiling batteries because the voltage regulator had gone out was not a pleasant experience. It has made me somewhat leery about having flooded batteries inside. Hopefully, you won't have problems. I prefer to leave my dual six-Volt batteries outside.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Jonknite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 2:42pm
Shelpod, I liked your idea of making the window cover out of the cut out section. I added a 1/4" plywood backing and glued some EPDM tubing around the edge. 

scott59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 2:58pm
Is there a reason why the rpod logo was left on when the new window was put in?
Jonknite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 3:42pm
No reason other than I didn't know what it would look like if I tried to get it off. 
scott59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 3:49pm
Oh, I thought they were fairly easy to peel off. I peeled off some side logos...can't stand the frog. But that's in a different place. I love that new window, showed it to my husband. Tell me how it stands over time. Thanks.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 8:30pm
Should come off pretty easy.  Any residue can be removed.

My uncle lives in Placitas.  We were through the area last summer.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 11:08am
Glass mat batteries inside small aircraft are very common. They do have a small vent line though.  The price of lithium batteries is almost cost effective. Another year or so hopefully they will be. The weight savings and ability to run down 95% without damaging the battery is nice.
enjoy the fresh air
kkomorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kkomorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:29am
Jonknite - have you been on the road with the Pod with the new window yet? Any issues?

Rain tested yet?

Thanks!

KK
Jonknite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonknite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:51am
Rain tested with a hose and it was good. Taking it for a week up on Cedar Mesa in Utah next week, plenty of rough dirt roads and slickrock. I'll report back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 77>